“comforts of home”
Review of Turtle Bay Condos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Englewood
Turtle Bay Condos
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My daughter and I stayed 3 nights at Turtle Bay condos and had a very nice time. The condo was very clean and comfortable. Nice ammenities as well. We were just a short walk from the beach and had very easy access.
If you are looking for a nice comfy place to stay that is affordable at the beach, I would highly recommend Turtle Bat Condos!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 April 2012

If you are looking for Taj Mahal, this isn't it! IF you are looking for a comfortable home away from home, look no further!

Susan was the nicest and most accmodating person ever! The place was lovely, I felt very SAFE and comfortable during our stay. The beach access was mere steps away, the bay a delightful sight and the pool clean and fun! I was able to absolutely relax for the first time in eons, peace and serenity! My mother and I enjoyed a few days stay without worry! I can't wait until I tear myself away from work again and head back to this terrific spot!

Room Tip: 3A was amazing! 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, amazing screened in porch, great views--PEACE!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank amys289
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I have been going to Turtle Bay for 5 years, and it never disappoints. Quiet, all amenities, including heated pool and dock for catching huge catfish. The herons, pelicans, egrets, ospreys, geckos, dolphins and occasional manatees are a joy to watch. Beach just across the street is great for shelling, clean and warm water. Watch the sunset on the beach and moonrise on the bay. On-site managers and Susan are very attentive to solve any problems. Elaine in 3A

Room Tip: Unit 3 is the best with bay view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at Turtle Bay with our 4-year old daughter and had a wonderful experience. Susan was always accessible and helpful when we had questions, and it felt like our home away from home for a week. We stayed in the unit with 2 bathrooms, and while one of them was small as one of the other reviewers indicated, it was fine and kind of cozy. There were lots of windows and a lot of light, which we really like, and the porch was great, we ate lunch out there every day. The pool was also excellent, the dock was fun to fish on (though we didn't catch anything), and the beach was an easy walk across the street. The complex is not right on the beach and does not have a large land area, but we knew that when we rented, and it is nevertheless within a short walk to all of these things as well as the store and restaurants. We enjoyed Turtle Bay very much and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Erik F
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I returned to the Turtle Bay condos for my second year, and have reserved again for next year. It's wonderful. Very quiet, and peaceful. My friend enjoyed the pool, and I loved the easy access to the beach. The owner is very accessible and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Nice place, good location but not family friendly at all! The lady who is in charge of booking complained about having to clean my 2 year old's finger prints off the glass and wanted to charge extra. Isn't that included in the $800+ dollars you pay to rent a VACATION condo?! I could understand if someone trashed the place, but come on!
Also, my husband's wallet was stolen and cards were used during our stay there. We won't ever be back and we visit Englewood yearly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Melhu86
turtlebaycondos, Owner at Turtle Bay Condos, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

These guests contacted us three days ago and wanted to rent two condos. They rented from us in July 2011. Because their unit was left completely messy, stove was filthy with food that had run over, refrigerator was disgusting and there was not a wall that did not have evidence of sticky fingerprints throughout the condo, it took our cleaning staff many extra hours to prepare the condo for our next guests. We do not charge a cleaning fee and do ask our guests to clean the unit but leave it in a presentable condition.

We did not refuse to rent to these guests again but told them we would require a deposit to apply to extra cleaning if the condo was left the way it was last year. We also told them that we would not keep the fee if it was left in a presentable condition.

Most importantly, we have NEVER had an issue with theft at our condos nor did these guests either notify us of a theft or file a police report. This review is the first we've heard about a theft occurring nine months after they stayed with us. It is rather confusing that they would contact us to return to stay with us if this were the case.

The following is the email I sent to the guest per her request to rent from us again which I do not believe is rude:

Dear G:

Thank you for your email. I have made so few of these phone calls that it was awkward and difficult for me to do so. I rarely hear from my cleaning staff about the condition of how a condo was left and it was with surprise that I heard on yours because you and I had talked so many times.

I think that it might have been because something had boiled over on the stove which took extra time for our staff – our staff felt it was left very messy – I apologize if that was not the case and in no way would I have wanted to offend you or your family.

I’m confident it would not be a future issue or I wouldn’t have sent you the revised quotes offering the discounts on two units. I certainly understand if you choose not to return though we would like you to and wish you the very best of vacations.

Susan McQuaid, Owner

Reviewed 4 March 2012

My dad's review is right below mine and I was one of the family members on this trip. He read the review to me tonight and I had a few "amendments" I wanted to make to his review as I felt he didn't give Turtle Bay enough credit.

My sister and I (25 and 22) shared the bigger room with the small porch attached and found it lovely. We liked the bathroom with the window; the sink had lots of counter space and the shower had pretty good water pressure. The condo was, overall, a nice, open space.

Even though we didn't have a boat, the boat dock proved to be a really nice spot to bird watch and hang out.

As my dad said, the directions to the beach were a little confusing (or wrong, not sure which), but once we found the entrance, it was a really easy, short walk over.

Another point to bring up is that we had a family of five staying in the condo below us but barely heard them through the floor at all.

The rest of my family (mom and sister) liked having the washer and dryer onsite to do a load before we went home and didn't mind having to throw in the towels and sheets upon leaving.

Our last Florida family vacation was on Anna Maria Island which we all loved, so I think my dad's review is somewhat nostalgic.

I really enjoyed this trip and would recommend Turtle Bay Condos.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank rxgx22
turtlebaycondos, Owner at Turtle Bay Condos, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review - we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you will recommend Turtle Bay Condos to your friends.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Sun Life Beach Hotel
#1 of 10 in Englewood
Venice Beach Villas
Venice Beach Villas
#1 of 13 in Venice

Been to Turtle Bay Condos? Share your experiences!