“wowsa happy hour”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 114 Restaurants in Estero
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Attended happy hour w/girlfriends. Fantastic bar bargain in expensive steakhouse. Superb appetizers, almost entree portions, & tasty cocktails for $7. Two apps each to share, lovely cocktail, & u have dinner in the bar for $21 where an actual dinner would be $45 without alcohol. My girls & I love it, not to mention that employees are enthusiastic, helpful & upscale polite.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have wanted to eat at Ruth's Chris for years, but shied away because I've heard that it's extremely expensive, and I assumed that it was a very formal restaurant. But on our anniversary, my husband asked me where I would like to go, and I decided to give it a try. SO glad we did!

From the minute we stepped into the restaurant, we were treated like royalty. (Everyone from the hostess to the manager wished us a happy anniversary....we finally realized that the hostess put rose petals on our table to alert the staff that it was our anniversary. GREAT idea! It made us feel very special.) The server and the server's assistant were very attentive. They made us feel very comfortable. For cocktails, I ordered the Strawberry Basil Gimlet, and while it was on the strong side (most wouldn't complain about that, I'm sure), it was delicious.

The food...oh my! The basket of bread that was brought to the table was SO, SO good! I could have literally eaten the entire basket myself! For an appetizer, we started with the stuffed mushrooms. Delicious! If I had any complaint about them, it would be that they could have left them under the broiler for another minute. One of my mushrooms was undercooked, and I was missing the cheesy crust that the broiler would have brought.

My husband had the caesar salad, and I chose Ruth's Chopped Salad. (with goat cheese instead of blue cheese). I can say without hesitation that it was one of the BEST salads I have ever had. (And beautifully presented as well...wish I would have taken a picture!) I truly didn't want to finish the salad...it was just so amazingly good! Next came our entrees. My husband chose the filet & lobster tail, while I opted for the petit ribeye with a side of mushrooms. We were in heaven! The only small critique I have is that the ribeye was served on a sizzling plate, which is fine, but when it stopped sizzling, there was a huge amount of liquid fat on my plate. I know that the ribeye is known for it's fat, and heaven knows I love a good marbling, but it was just TOO much. I improvised by moving my steak to by bread plate. But both the filet and the ribeye were cooked perfectly and had fantastic taste. While I'm not a fan of lobster, I couldn't resist a bite of my husband's and it was very good. My husband loved every bite of his filet and lobster, and he's a tough critic.

Because it was our anniversary, the server surprised us by bringing a plate of assorted desserts (apple cinnamon cheesecake, vanilla icecream with raspberry puree on top, and chocolate almond bark), which accompanied my cappuccino very nicely.

So now comes the bill. Drum roll, please! $147.00! We honestly thought it would be more, considering we had drinks, appetizers, cappuccinos, FILET and LOBSTER, and top-notch service. It was a pleasant surprise. Not that we would pay this amount every day, but it was really nice to have an amazing dinner and not completely wipe out the bank account.

I also feel that I should comment on the dress code for the restaurant. My husband is not a huge fan of dressing up, and in Florida, 99% of places don't require one to dress for dinner, but since it was our anniversary, and because we assumed that Ruth's Chris would require at least dress slacks and a button-up shirt, we decided to go more formal than what we normally would. As we walked into the restaurant, we noted that a man walked in ahead of us wearing cargo shorts and flip-flops, and another group of people were wearing jeans and tee shirts, so we concluded that there must not be a dress code here. However, we both noted that we wouldn't have felt comfortable in this restaurant wearing shorts or jeans, so we were glad that we opted to dress up.

So all in all, a fabulous anniversary, a fantastic meal, and a memorable experience. I can't wait to go back!

2  Thank JudieAnne
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This is my go-to spot for Happy Hour especially. My wife's not a big steak eater, so we mostly go for happy hour with friends, or solo. The selections are amazing for $7. Ahi tuna, and their steak sandwiches rock. Good pours on drinks. I've eaten at Ruth Chris's all over the world, and I'm amazed by their consistency in both quality, service and presentation.
Coming from NJ/NY area, I find that most restaurants in SWFL don't understand. People will pay good money for consistently high quality food. Ruth's does it right, and I always return to a place that treats me like family. Keep up the good work.

3  Thank Eatthisnow
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I am sure you have heard that Ruth's Chris is expensive. It is. The food is wonderful, the atmosphere is delightful, the service is impeccable. But the prices were NYC and we are in Estero.

I had the Ribeye. It tastes just like the Ribeye I make at home (which must be pretty good), The Mrs had the Filet and Shrimp. Also very good.

If this is a special occasion - great. If not, it isn't worth the money.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I went there for a wine dinner they hosted. I enjoyed the wine pairings but not the menu. The salmon was too fishy tasting, the soup was extremely odd, the beet salad was nice but over kill with the beef tenderloin and the filet sucked with the huge pile off sweet, caramelized onions. I also liked Ruth Chris but this night was extremely disappointing. I will not go back.

2  Thank BigEaterNaples