“Chef has to learn the basics”

Ristorante Farfalla
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Farfalla is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 113 Restaurants in Estero
Price range: US$8 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1 Mile North of Coconut Point Mall
Description: Thank you for your interest in Ristorante Farfalla. We will take great delight in hosting your dinner party, and hope that we can assist you in planning your special evening. Whether you are looking for the perfect setting for a small group or large party, our elegant tables, discrete alcoves and private dining room will accommodate you. Our unsurpassed service and attention to detail is legendary. Our nationally acclaimed cuisine has received the highest, world-renowned culinary awards. We hope that you will select Ristorante Farfalla for an experience in exceptional dining while enjoying the Estero area. Closed for LUNCH will reopen for LUNCH 11/06/17
Florida
“Chef has to learn the basics”
Reviewed 6 December 2010

In the today's competitive market some chef's should make it a priority to provide fresh and flavorful dishes. At Ristorante Farfalla the Chef brags about using fresh ingredients and cooks everything at order but forgets important ingredients. If you order Veal Picatta in Wine Sauce you receive 3 small pieces of veal (not bigger than a table spoon) over salted, dunked in butter and overloaded with capers. No Wine or other herbs to enhance the flavor of that dish have been used. If you order Steak you receive a cheap selection of meat and again without flavor. The Side Dishes were lost on the plate. A $26.00 Entree worth $5.00 Bucks. The Appetizer (A Vegetable Plate) seemed to be coming from a glass jar (Sundried Tomatoes, 2 Pieces of Mozzarella, 2 Pieces of cheap Tomatoes no spices, herbs or anything and the worst thing, absolutely no taste - horrible). In our opinion the Chef made it a priority to make quick Money by selling overpriced, flavorless cheap produce which has not been prepared like promised on the menu. The Chef at Farfalla should serve and purchase products which rectify the Price on the Menu. In addition basic cooking skills in flavor and preparation would be recommended. Farfalla is not the Italian Restaurant you want to spend your Money on. You are better off at Carrabash or even Olive Garden. Please Chef of Farfalla: "Buy better ingredients and use some flavor and don't just talk about it - do it and customers will come back to pay your prices".

3 Thank cocare1

Weston, Florida
“A gem in Estero Florida!”
Reviewed 17 August 2010

My family had an amazing dinner at this dining establishment. The waitress was wonderful. She informed us that the chef was willing to give us a half portions of the pasta for our son. She was very helpful to us with regard to our questions about the menu. The food was sublime. We had an amazing antipasti platter with the best roasted peppers I have ever tasted. I had the linguini and seafood as a main course. There was a lot of fresh seafood in a white wine sauce. My husband had the chicken in a white wine sauce that he enjoyed. I had a chocolate pyramid dessert that was divine. My husband had the cheesecake that was very good. The chef also gave my son a slice of his homemade pizza. It was so good that my son ate it all by himself after he had eaten his meal. My son would not share that pizza for us.

West Michigan
“Food was a six, service a zero”
Reviewed 17 November 2009

We arrived at Farfalla at about 6:45 on a Saturday evening. The tables were about 15% occupied. We were quizzed by the host at the door about a reservation. When we said that we didn't have one, he just stared at us. Finally, I said, "you aren't very busy, it doesn't look like we need one." Eventually we got one of the many empty tables. I don't know if he was waiting for a tip or what. But, it became abundantly clear to me that our presence there as guests was somehow annoying to the staff. I don't know if they are accostomed to serving only "regulars" or what, but the service was, to put it mildly, abysmal. We had a good half hour with the menus before the server showed up. Some other server did ask us about drinks, but didn't seem to want to discuss the wine. (Note: Wine prices were astronomically high). So, we sat. And sat. And sat. While we still had the menus, a bus boy brought bread. The table next to us noted that and asked for some as well, noting that they, too, had been there a while.

When the server finally showed up, she listed the specials without taking a breath. And, as noted by other reviewers, there were a number of specials, six by my count. When we asked her to repeat the specials, and asked for some info on how they were prepared, etc, we got a HUGE sigh, and she said, "I can't stay here and explain to you, my food is coming up". So, we pretty much had to rush our selections while she stood there tapping her pen on her pad. We figured we had better order right then, or we might not ever see the server again. And, we were pretty much correct on that score.

As for the food, let's start with the salads. My Caesar was OK. No anchovies, though. My wife's "house" salad with the "house" dressing was so tartly sour that my wife couldn't tolerate it. Note that the description on the menu said nothing about tart or sour for that dressing. My wife ate one bite of it. Yet, when the server whisked away the plates, not a word about why this $8 salad remained uneaten.

Next, the entrees. My wife had a "special" chicken entree that she described as OK, nothing special. Sort of reminded her of Olive Garden. Mine was filet medallions. Four of them. $28. Both came with their "special" potatoes. Other reviewers have raved about them. I say, nothing different than packaged potatoes. Admittedly, you don't get potatoes like this in restaurants very often, but they reminded me of potatoes made for holiday meals.

And, of course, nobody came to check on our food. Which, I should note, came about 45 minutes after we ordered it. And, nobody asked if we wanted more wine while we sat there and waited. You would think they would be interested in selling more drinks. We would have gladly purchased them. About the only contact we had with service staff there was the bus boy, who was pleasant enough. The server, apparently a regular there, wasn't even at our table long enough for me to describe her.

Oh, and the food was delivered cold. But, since nobody bothered to come by to check on us, how would they know?

We went to this restaurant largely because of recommendations on this site. Our nearby hotel, on the other hand, did not recommend this place. Looks like they were correct.

4 Thank BerthasDad
Florida
“Great food, great service, personal attention from staff & chef.”
Reviewed 29 August 2009

This is one of my husband and I's favorite spots in SWFL. Although it is Italian you must try the potatoes - most amazing I have ever had. Mike & his staff are always warm and attentive, and we have yet to order anything off the regular menu because the specials are so wonderful! We have tried both steak & seafood and everything has been excellent! Not the most affordable but a great place for a special night out!

1 Thank ltded1
Philadelphia
“Inconspicuous Great Italian!”
Reviewed 13 January 2009

Tucked away in an unassuming strip mall, Ristorante Farfalla is a great little Italian joint in a sea of chain restaurants. Four of us went recently for dinner on a weeknight. As with every place else in the area, the place was cleared out by 8:00. The staff was friendly and courteous and the food was great. The calamari appetizer was typical but plentiful, the gorgonzola salad special was above average, and everyone enjoyed their entrée. The veal is highly recommended by members of our group while the rigatoni and fish special were also delicious. Don't be fooled by the location, Farfalla is a great for Italian dining.

1 Thank jvp103