“A real test!”

57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“A real test!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

One of the hardest courses I've played in the area! Long off the blue tees at 6600 yards and requires full attention to club selection even off the tee. Excellent condition with very undulating greens which were not running too fast on my visit. Water and bunkers come into play on many holes, so this is not a course for the high handicapper! Almost every hole involves a dogleg...apart from the par 3s
Look out for the local paper deals...only cost $29

Mahomet, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Absolute gem”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My 15 year old son and I played this place this week--what a quality golf course. Everything about this place is good. I called to see how busy they were the next afternoon, mentioned a GolfNow rate I saw and the pro shop bettered it and we played at 3pm for twenty bones each. I don't think I've ever had a bigger bargain in golf in my life. Range balls, a nice range, GPS cart with a large screen, free cups and ice water on the course, and just a fabulous golf course for $20? If we had time we'd be back again and this will be a regular stop down here from now on. The greens can seem diabolical at times but if you keep it in the fairway it's very fair from the white tees. My son is a good player but struggled a bit on the front with his tee shots but had a nice inward nine. I actually played pretty well, hit some good shots and parred four of the last five on the front but had to earn them with the putter. Incidentally, Florida Gulf Coast University plays out of Old Corkscrew and there are numerous, junior, amateur and pro tournament qualifiers here--this is a legit golf course. Play it.

Fort Myers, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Not For The Faint of Heart”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Jack Nicklaus dug way into his bag of tricks when he designed this course. It's full of risk/reward shots, waste areas, very large and many bunkers, undulating greens, and of course being in SW Florida-water. Today was my 5th time playing this great tract and finally bettered my handicap of 10. Folks this course will eat your lunch if you don't pay close attention to the onboard gps. The course was , as usual, in pristine condition. The greens just had been punched but it had little effect on putting. If you want a true test of your mettle this is your course, and playing it in the off season is a great value.

Irvona, PA
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Just a Great Florida Golf Course”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

No homes to worry about, just golf. Maybe the fairest Nicklaus Course I have played. Wide landing areas, but you really have to play to targets as every hole has at least one dogleg. Nice green complexes and great practice area. Try lunch out on the patio, too. Very nice.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Holesy
Tampa, Florida, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“What a great round”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Has to be one of the toughest courses I've ever encountered. I'm a 10 handicap and played this course from the whites: 6,222 yards, 72.0 / 144.
I could have played the blue, the white is tough enough. A worker said that the designer, The Golden Bear shot 6 over in nine holes and left. I enjoyed my round and will go back during the summer months when the snowbirds would melt; therefore, we get a better summer rate!

Visited March 2014