“Average Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Was disappointed by fair service and average sushi chef. Little to no variety and an error on the simple order was not corrected nor acknowledged by either the waitress or sushi chef with any grace - they blamed each other. Price was about what is expected for sushi but everything else was lacking. Will look elsewhere in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

There are a lot of these independent Japanese Steakhouses and it's hard to distinguish one from the other. The food is almost always the same: onion soup, salad with ginger dressing, fried rice, noodles and then choice of meats. Kiku is the same...the food was good.

The ambiance was fine, nothing really makes it standout but it wasn't offensive, so you can feel safe in that regard.

Prices were about average but the upcharge to get a combo of beef and chick was unacceptable. Chicken was 10.50 and Beef was 13.00 a combo of the two meats was several dollars more than the beef. If anything a combo of beef and chicken should be no more costly than that of a full order of beef since beef is the more expensive of the meats.

While it was fine it was not an experience that will make me return since I'm not really a fan of this type of dining or cuisine. For those of you that are fans you can expect the typical experience but nothing else.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We've been here several times and the hibachi grill is consistently good. They have good saki too. If you want extra sriracha sauce, ask for double if not triple the amount, as the server returns with just a little squirt in the cup and it's never enough.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Very good. After a long day of volleyball tournaments they got us right in. I would recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We arrived at 430 and were one of the first customers of the night. The first thing we noticed was a overall smell of old urine. We almost walked out on that point. The smell could be cleared out with some air fresheners or open the door at some point. We decided to stay and were quickly seated at a habachi table with one other party of three. The staff was friendly and helpful. The price was very reasonable with Sirloin Steak dinner for $13.00. The soup was a simple clear broth with one mushroom slice floating in the red bowl. The salad was fresh and also simple with ginger dressing. The habachi chef preformed all the usual tricks and jokes while cooking our meals. I was surprised there were not any beansprouts or cabbage in the vegetables. My steak was cooked well. The noodles were the most disappointing part of my meal. They tasted old to me and had no flavor except for the oil that was used to cook them. I would pass on them in the future. I would return to Kiku and see if I can get some hot sauce or ginger sauce to add some flavor to the meal.