“Will definitely be back”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Horton
Captain's Lookout Cottages
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The very best overall cottages I've ever stayed. It's impossible to think of what could be missing. Very affordable, spotless, lovely decor, fresh flowers on the table, fully equipped kitchen, big fluffy towels, linens on bed like silk, best sleep even than some of the best hotels, walking trails to beaches and around the Bay, cabins surrounded by greenery and wildflowers, 15 minutes from Alma, Cape Enrage, lovely view of the Bay from the cottages (on a hill). The owners checked each day to see to our comfort...they even piled kindling and wood for our bonfire site! The very best .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed 5 days here this past summer with our children and their families. Our family isn't always able to visit at the same time every year because there are 14 of us and our children all live away from NB, so this was a great place to meet and 3 cottages accommodated us all. Many extra touches were included to make our stay special. We found the cabins very clean, comfortable and fully equipped with all we needed to prepare our meals etc.The grandchildren enjoyed the playground and the guys set up our croquet game to play. We enjoyed exploring the trails and beach close at hand.The owners were very personable and helpful both before we came and during our stay. We look upon our week here as a wonderful memory of our family time together this year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The cottages are located in a small village of New Horton and have beautiful views of the Bay of Fundy. They are located on the hill, with woods and a small lake right behind them. There is a huge grass area in front, which includes kids playground and a firepit, and in addition to this, every cottage has a fire pit behind it.
The cottages themselves are lovely and super cute, I could just move in and stay forever :) They are super clean, and everything looks brand new. The decor is nice, I loved everything. The kitchen is tiny, but has everything you need. Everything in the kitchen is also new looking, and I loved the big red mugs :)
The bedroom has lot of space for your things, if you have lots of luggage (we did), a dresser and hangers. I also appreciated that you get extra blankets and a quilt, in case you get cold at night. There are many towels available and the owners always make sure you have clean ones all the time.
Speaking of owners, they are amazing. So nice and friendly. Always stopped by to say hi and made sure we had everything we need, gave us advice as to which places to visit or what is going on nearby, or which walks to take. They are just very nice people.
Coming to the cottage was the best part, we were welcomed in such way, I felt like I was coming home to my family. There were our names on the cottage doors, so we know it is the right place. When we walked in, there was a hand written note from Sheri and beautiful fresh flowers in vases, one on the kitchen table, one in the living room area. This was so nice and welcoming.
There were also other small things that made this extra great, such as many brochures about local attractions and maps of the area. The cottage also had small TV and many DVDs to watch in case it is rainy, or when you just feel like doing nothing. There is also Internet connection available if you want to stay connected to the outside world.
The place was pet friendly, which our dog loved. The owners also left an extra comforter for our dog to sleep on, which was very thoughtful.
Overall, this is lovely, lovely place with beautiful surroundings, views and good people. If you are visiting Bay of Fundy area, I would not look anywhere else. All the places we have seen on our drives don't compare to this one.
This was my first trip to New Brunswick but I fell in love with the area, and given the opportunity, I would love to stay here forever.

PS. There is also barbeque and big table with benches available in front of the cottage, as well as patio chairs on a patio.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank addie76h
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stopped here for a couple of nights on a road trip through New England and New Brunswick, mostly in (very good) B&Bs. It made a nice contrast to be self-catering and we immediately felt at home in our comfortable, clean, well appointed and cosy cottage. The owner was friendly and helpful and although the weather was good, we both felt we could have stayed a week in bad weather!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Near the end of a 3 week trip through the Maritime Provinces my wife and I stayed 2 nights here in a one bedroom cottage which was wonderful. The cottage was well layed out, furnished and decorated to a 'T", and stocked with everything you would ever need. I can't say enough about how comfortable and clean the cottage was. Fabulous owners/hosts, so helpful, kind, and thoughtful. Amazing people. We only wish our stay was longer. Wonderful hosts, excellent accommodations. Highly recommend Captain's Lookout Cottages.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and I joined our friends for an escape venture around Alma and stayed three nights at Captain"s Lookout Cottage. WE couldn't have been more pleased with our stay. Our friendly hostess was there to greet us and inform us of all the surrounding sights and attractions. The cottage was very clean with inviting decor. The bedrooms were great! Lots of pillows and comfortable bedding. We will certainly recommend this location to our friends

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marie G
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband ,my parents and our two dogs stayed here for two nights in September.
Starting with making reservations over the phone our stay just got better and better! The owners are so kind and thoughtful. Every little detail is designed for the comfort and enjoyment of their guests, The cabins are the CLEANEST ,MOST COMFORTABLE AND CUTEST I have ever seen!! The view from the porches is lovely -looking out to the sea is so calming....- the grounds are surrounded by wildflowers and birds. Perfection!!!
I Highly recommend Captain's Lookout to everyone!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank elaine s

Been to Captain's Lookout Cottages? Share your experiences!