“True business that cares about the costumer first”

Everglades City Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Everglades City
“True business that cares about the costumer first”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night and i have several examples where they show they cate.

FIRST: I got to the place past 10:00 pm, so the staff gives me a call asking me about what time I was going to be there. I told them I wouldn't make it before 1030, so they left the keys in the front door for me. To my surprise, there were keys for two rooms, when I had only ordered one.

SECOND: I leave the keys for the extra room right where I found them. Next morning I talk to a woman and she was GENUINELY nice. Not trained to be nice like in other places I have stayed. I speak to her and she solves mi issue. They gave me a refund over the extra room. They took the blame over the extra booking. ( we couldn't really figure out what happened or why we had two reservations).

THIRD: what you have probably read so far, rooms are nice and it's not what you would have in mind for a motel. Plus free wifi.

Two good reasons for one night. More than I have for even some high quality hotels in the world.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Davisam14

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Hondo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Was pleasantly surprised to find that The interior of these rooms were as depicted via other reviews and pictures on the website. Recently rennovated, the rooms were clean, beds comfortable and room came equipped with a fridge and microwave, for which we were very thankful the first night we arrived. not having been to Everglades City before, we were unaware that all restaurants in town closed at 9, so dinner our first night required use of the rooms microwave. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Restaurant right next door had a great breakfast. Would say this ranks as one of the nicer motels in this category.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Patti G
Metter, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in July while visiting the everglades with my husband and our two boys. It has recently been remodeled. The rooms were very clean. The beds were comfy. The folks there were very knowledgeable about the area and were very helpful. The hotel itself was very 70's but very modern. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Phoenix AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Very pleased with our stay at the Everglades City Motel! Very unassuming property from the road. Once inside the room, however, it is modern and updated. Very spacious room, with a refrigerator.

The room's modern interior, in my opinion, rivaled our room in an art deco building on Ocean Drive in Miami Beach. Bathroom is a lovely update - beds are plush with crisp, cushiony bedding.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Vleuten, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed here 1 night and the hotel is above average compare to the super8, days inn etc.
But looking at the price we paid and the area it's in there is no reason to stay longer.
The owner tried everything to get ut so a tour of his own company but we already booked something else.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here two nights while touring the Everglades. It is exactly as pictured. The rooms are very nice and clean. By the outward appearance we had doubts, but found the excellent reviews to hold true. The clerk was friendly and helpful. He gave us a nice map and made suggestions for meals and tours. I talked with several traveling European guests. My one complaint is the noisy air conditioner. Kept me up part of the first night until I got used to it. Other than that we had a good stay. They have grills if you want to cool out, and free bicycles for the family. No pool. Goethe price you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Stayed there on a recent trip to the Everglades with the family. Checked in after a wonderful conversation with the office staff on what to see and where to eat during our visit. The room was clean and wonderfully up to date!! The room, and especially the bathroom, were comfortable and appeared newly remodeled. Great place to stay and would stay there again without hesitation. The Island Café next door had a great breakfast and you can walk there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Ivey House
#1 of 5 in Everglades City
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,088 reviews
River Wilderness Waterfront Villas, Everglades

Been to Everglades City Motel? Share your experiences!