“Great Place”

Everglades City Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Everglades City
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was our second time visiting and would most definitely be the best place to stay IN Everglades City at the best rate. The service is great, the rooms are very clean and luxurious, the location is perfect, and the price is right. When we go back to the Everglades we will continue to stay here.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at the motel as a one night stop over in everglade city. The check in was quick and efficient, the lady was really helpful pointing out local attractions, discounts and places to eat. Our room was very clean, bed huge and comfortable, everything very modern, but the highlight was the bathroom! The shower was awesome, you could fit three people in it easily,coming from the UK, hotels do not do bathroom space like the USA!
I would definitely recommend this motel, we even got a discount from the air boat company from staying at the motel. Everglade city is worth the trip, be sure to do the museum, really interesting!

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank BatgirlHalstead
Reviewed 24 August 2013

One of the worst nights in my life.
Booked this hotel because we were looking for a place to stay inside Everglades National Park, and Everglades City was the perfect point. This motel seemed nice, in a good location, nice reviews...
Rooms are clean, large, with renovated bathrooms.
Free parking and free wifi.
Once checked-in, we were given room number 8. The rooms are displayed in a squared form, and room number 8 is located in one corner of it. After dinner, we realized that our room wasn't close to another room, but to the laundry and the ice machine. I went to the front desk to ask for a room change, but there were nobody. No one picked up the phone neither.
So we had to stay in room number 8: the noise of the ice machine and the machines inside the laundry was loud, but also irregular, changing intensity and frequency: all this caused the inability to sleep, and when due to fatigue, we fell asleep, we were awakened again by those intrusive noises.
In addition, the AC machine in the room was one really really really noisy.
Spending the night in room number 8 is really a torture.
In my opinion, that room should be disabled and close to the public.
Next morning, when checkin-out, I notified it to the receptionist. Even offended, her answer was a short "OK".
Great!!
I know that we were in a motel, not in a 5 star resort, and I'm not calling into question prices or facilities: I want to show that there is a minimum that must be respected in a hotel, and a certain noise level is essential.
No satisfactory customer service, and thanks to room number 8, I spent one of the worst nights in my life.
So, if you are staying in Everglades City Motel and you are offered room number 8, you best option will be sleeping in your car.
Or, even better, AVOID THIS MOTEL and go anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank PezFish
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I won a trip from a contest that sent us to the Everglades for an outdoor adventure weekend. We didn't do any of the logistics, and so upon reading the reviews, I was skeptical but hopeful. The Everglades City Motel is definitely the 5 star accomidation of the western everglades. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable, the bathroom is easily better than any motel and most non-Vegas hotels I've been in. The staff is super friendly, incredibly helpful, and provides terrific advice on local service providers and businesses?

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Room was excellent and beautifully updated. Each room is unique here making it a very special place. Staff is friendly and outgoing and they offer free use of bicycles and a beautiful outdoor area for grilling (which even has a fridge). They are very knowledgeable about the area and attractions.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique. I had room 20 which had a kitchenette with sink, microwave, dishes, quarter s...
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Very clean rooms. Nice outdoor lounge with barbeque and outdoor fridge. Bikes were available for borrowing if you didn't want to drive to a restaurant or store. The staff went out of their way with customer service, such as providing plates and utensils for a cookout our group was having.

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night and i have several examples where they show they cate.

FIRST: I got to the place past 10:00 pm, so the staff gives me a call asking me about what time I was going to be there. I told them I wouldn't make it before 1030, so they left the keys in the front door for me. To my surprise, there were keys for two rooms, when I had only ordered one.

SECOND: I leave the keys for the extra room right where I found them. Next morning I talk to a woman and she was GENUINELY nice. Not trained to be nice like in other places I have stayed. I speak to her and she solves mi issue. They gave me a refund over the extra room. They took the blame over the extra booking. ( we couldn't really figure out what happened or why we had two reservations).

THIRD: what you have probably read so far, rooms are nice and it's not what you would have in mind for a motel. Plus free wifi.

Two good reasons for one night. More than I have for even some high quality hotels in the world.

• Stayed: August 2013
#1 of 5 in Everglades City
Rod and Gun Club
Rod and Gun Club
#1 of 2 in Everglades City

Been to Everglades City Motel? Share your experiences!