“Everglades City at its finest”

Everglades City Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Everglades City
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I stayed here on a trip to Everyglades City with friends. The rooms were very spacious and clean. Customer Service was outstanding, and always very accomodating to the patrons. Although we had a many options for places to stay while taking Captain Dougs tour of the area, I am very happy we decided on this motel. It was a clean, comfortable and safe atmosphere. I plan on staying here time and time again!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 August 2010

I stayed here with some friends of mine and went fishing for a weekend. The staff was very helpful in suggesting other local attractions and restaurants. They clearly know the area and knew how to accomdate guests. It was also very clean and the rooms looked like they had been recently remodeled. I will stay here again when we return next year.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Was in Everglades City for an airboat tour of the Everglades and found this hotel on trip advisor. I was pleasantly surprised whem we arrived. The accomodations were outstanding. The beds were quite comfortable and it even seemed like we had new mattresses. The bathrooms were immaculate. The office staff and housekeeping staff were wonderful and went out of their way to make sure our stay was pleasurable. I will definitely stay there again next time I visit the Everglades.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2010

We had a very good trip to the Everglades. The speed boat trip was amazing and the little motel offers good service for money. It was a good choice: clean, friendly and helpful people.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2010

After reading all the reviews and passing the Everglades Motel and going further south in Everglade City, I found this visit to the Thousand Islands nicer than I expected. The room was recently updated and spotless. The included free boat ramp is two blocks down the road. The boat ride to the Thousand Islands was shorter than I suspected, (not very long in the no wake area.) I was able to keep the boat behind our room, that has a back door and window for viewing. I asked the mgr. about recharging my trolling batteries and was told (anything you want is ok. I am very pleased with my stay and I will recommend this motel to anyone. The next trip I will use the microwave oven in the room more as some of the local restaurants are resort price-ish.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2010

They offer their hard-of-hearing guests the use of several Assistive Devices: smoke alarm with flashing light and a piercing sound alarm; vibrating alarm clock; gadget to hang on the door which flashes when someone knocks. (No phones in the room so their telephone adapter with keyboard and screen would be of limited use.) Hostess was most cordial and helpful. I would definitely stay there again if visiting the western end of the Everglades.

Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed 8 May 2010

We stumbled over this place after having spent hours searching for accommodation in the Everglades. The idea was to spend one night and travel on but we stayed for three nights instead. Why take the risk to look for something else when you have found the perfect place? We were very well received and felt more like being part of a big family than guests at a motel.
No swimming pool, but there is no need. Take a 30 minutes drive and you are at the beach at Marco Island. And why not take a day-trip to Naples?
We found Everglades City and the Everglades City Motel to be a safe haven in an otherwise tourist hostile Everglades National Park.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
River Wilderness Waterfront Villas, Everglades
Rod and Gun Club
Rod and Gun Club
#1 of 2 in Everglades City

Been to Everglades City Motel? Share your experiences!