“Great fun, especially for my kids.”

Speedy's Airboat Tours
Ranked #3 of 34 Tours in Everglades City
More attraction details
Owner description: Our company does not run the "big boats" or the "jet boats" we run only the small six passenger airboats. Your captian will take you through both the unique grassland praries and winding mangrove tunnels on your tour into this national treasure we call the Florida Everglades.
Connecticut, US
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Great fun, especially for my kids.”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We went on Speedy's Airboat Tours during a visit to Florida during spring break. It was great fun! My kids ages 10 & 12 had smiles on their faces the entire time. My daughter said it was one of the most fun things she's ever done (and we've been to Disney many times). Our captain, Captain Tony was great. He was super informative and we really learned a lot about the area. My kids had lots of questions and he was great with answering them all. We didn't see any wildlife while on our tour but it didn't take away from our tour at all. The trees are are something to see... and going fast was great fun! I would definitely recommend this to others and I am sure my kids will want to do it again next time we are in Florida.

• Czech first
Greenfield, Ohio
“It can't be describe in one sentence! Lol”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My family went a few weeks ago with captain hoss! He definitely has a big part in making the ride fun as well as funny! It's a learning experience too, he was very informative about the nature of the Everglades. You can tell he connects through his heart with his work and the nature. & his name is just awesome CAPTAIN HOSS!! Lol ask for him you'll have the best tour!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Tour!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Captain Fred gave us a great tour and was very knowledgeable about Everglades plant and wildlife. Definitely recommend this tour as there are many acres to explore beyond just the mangroves. The Speedy's Tour took us into the grasslands, which, although there weren't any gators out, allowed for some great photo ops.

1 Thank Dan D
Bad Rappenau, Germany
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Fun ride”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I did the Speedy's Airboat ride at least 5 times already and if friends join my vacation in Florida I will always bring them to Speed's Airboat Tours for a ride. All of them (including me) can confirm that this is really a ride worth to do it. Of course it depends on the current water level and temperature/weather situation if you can see alligators or not. But beside seeing alligators the airboat ride is awesome fun as your captain will fly you through the mangrove forest with unbelievable speed and accurateness. I do not know how these captains can remember the way in and out. Awesome!

Tip: If you want to see alligators (as you did not see any on the Airboat tour) and you may need a break for refreshment then stop at "The Oasis Visitor Center", 52105 Tamiami Trail East, Ochopee, FL 34141

Visited March 2014
Stavanger, Norway
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun :-) but no gators ”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Very fun ride. Very beutiful nature. The water were the ride was, were too salty for the gators when we tok the it, but the staff was very helpful in suggesting a very cool place just seven miles from The Everglade city which had lots of gators.