“An enjoyable hour.”

Speedy's Airboat Tours
Ranked #4 of 34 Tours in Everglades City
More attraction details
Owner description: Our company does not run the "big boats" or the "jet boats" we run only the small six passenger airboats. Your captian will take you through both the unique grassland praries and winding mangrove tunnels on your tour into this national treasure we call the Florida Everglades.
Gateshead
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“An enjoyable hour.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Assigned to Captain Hoss who looked like he lived and breathed the Everglades. He was nice enough, settling us in, and frightening the living day lights out of us before we'd even got started by telling us that there'd been a lot of rain and so snakes had been dropping out of the trees into the airboats! He was very knowledgeable and informative. He's obviously got a lot of history in the Everglades which made him really interesting. But only believe half of what he tells you. The rest is embellishment to make the ride more enjoyable, I'm sure. The ride in the airboat was brilliant however I was disappointed we didn't see more wildlife.

• Czech first
Aarhus, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Great and lots of fun:-) worth every penny!!! Bill was a great captain. The mangrove forrest there is beautiful and very narrow:-)

Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A must do, but watch the weather.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This was on our must do when going down to Naples - an Everglades airboat tour - only about 45 minutes away. All at Speedy's were excellent and great with the kids, our airboat captain was very knowledgeable and whilst it was great fun, our timing was wrong! As you know Florida is prong to thunder storms and when we arrived one was passing - they do give you the option of cancelling at no cost, however whilst it was still raining it did look like the lightning had passed over. We all headed out on the boats - great fun - unfortunately half way into the tour lightning was back and it was scary!!! The captain made the correct decision and we raced back to base at FULL speed! Not the fault of Speedy's in any way, the point of the review is if there is any chance of lightning however slight go another day.

Erie, Pennsylvania
“Great airboat ride with Captain Tony”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My daughter and I recently took a ride on one of Speedy's airboats. We were assigned to Captain Tony's boat and I glad we were! Not only did he have great control of his boat and gave us a thrilling ride, he took the time to stop along the way and tell us about the Everglades and the different flora and fauna. A trip well worth the money.

Avon Lake, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable Ride!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was my second time to Speedy's. The first time was with a group of my friends and since I enjoyed it so much I made sure to take my husband and two sisters to experience the tour. Captain Fred was great! He answered all our questions about the area and his boat. He offered to take photos and he even let my sister sit in the driver's seat of the boat. I would definitely recommend experiencing the Everglades with Captain Fred.