Everglades Backcountry Experience with Capt. Rodney Raffield
Ranked #11 of 33 Tours in Everglades City
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the beauty and wild life of the Everglades on a unique fishing and/or wild life trip through the 10,000 islands with a 5th generation native guide. Capt. Rodney Raffield will take you to places unknown by most. Trips leave from historic Chokoloskee Island.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 1 July 2014

When i read this trip had almost perfect rating i had to try the experience for myself. I can see why its so highly rated. Capt Rodney is by far, not just a skipper but one in a million. His knowledge was awesome for catching HUGE fighters and great spots. If I could do it again. I would be there in a heart beat. Thank you very much for the amazing experience!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Capt Rodney is with out a doubt an absolute hidden treasure as a Chokoloskee fishing guide. If catching fish the entire time your out fishing with your guide is what your looking for this is the guide your looking for. I have used others and and paid double what capt. Rodney charges and didn't catch half the fish he raised for us. What an Outstanding value. I allmost don't want everyone to know about this guy because I want him available for my next trip to Chokoloskee. He was just too good not to mention him. He earned that of me.

1  Thank tomheffner
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

The lady at the RV campsite suggested us to call Rodney for a couple of hours mixed tour. Me and my children want to do some fishing while all of us want to watch sunset from the water. Rodney centered perfectly our target. We had fishing, we watch dolphins and we really enjoy the sunset. Rodney's boat was comfortable and the he was a really pleasant person... you feel as a friend, not as a client!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our family of four thoroughly enjoyed our back country fishing trip in the Everglades. Captain Rodney was a wonderfully hospitable, helpful, and knowledgeable guide. We caught fish which he filleted for us, and directed us to a local restaurant, which prepared our fish for our lunch. I highly recommend this fishing trip as a great family adventure! Jennifer M

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were in town for only 2 days and wanted to go fishing. Luckily Rodney was available that day, so we booked the half day fishing trip (6/2/14). I was a little hesitant because he mentioned the fishing wasn't "hot" right now, but it ended up to be a great decision. He was extremely knowledgeable about fishing the area including the right tide, bait, and gear. His equipment was top of the line. He was a pleasure to talk to during the trip and did everything he could to find us fish to catch. Even though the fishing wasn't "hot", it was a better day then most. We had an awesome day and ended up catching a variety of fish including red drum, mangrove snapper, sea trout, lady-fish, catfish, and grouper. It started raining during the day and we left our rain gear in the car, but Rodney had rain suits for us to use, so that was great. When we got back he filleted our fish for us. We will absolutely book him again and next time for a couple of days instead of just one. He also sent us to a great restaurant (Triad Seafood Cafe) that cooked our fish for us for lunch.

Travellers who viewed Everglades Backcountry Experience with Capt. Rodney Raffield also viewed

Everglades City, Southwest Gulf Coast

Been to Everglades Backcountry Experience with Capt. Rodney Raffield? Share your experiences!