“Great Tour”

Tour the Glades
Ranked #1 of 34 Tours in Everglades City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tour The Glades is the Only exclusively Private tour operator in the Everglades! Quality instead of quantity is our goal...which means our guests receive 100% of our attention. We can only do one (maybe two) trips per day which makes each one very special. This approach is better for the environment and hands down the best way to explore the Everglades....just you and your own personal guide. We provide tours year round and all excursions are led by Native Naturalist Guides that provide EVERYTHING you'll need. Fresh seasonal fruit, cold bottled water and all the necessities are included. You won't need to purchase any additional items because we've thought of everything! We are priced the same as the group tour companies but only do Private Tours because Private is Best. You are our #1 priority.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family and I really enjoyed our sunset tour of the Everglades with Jenny. We saw lots of alligators and birds, with the kayaking through the mangrove "forests" being the highlight.

Visited July 2014

• Finnish first
Long Beach, California
“An amazing morning...lifelong memories!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My girlfriend and I did the morning kayak tour in June with Jenny, and we couldn't have been happier. We didn't really know what to expect at all, but as soon as we met Jenny we realized we were going to have a great experience (at an amazing value!). We had a completely private tour, which was contrasted by the group of 6 or so boats that went out right before us. We were even allowed to set our meeting time to whenever was most comfortable to us. Jenny had everything we needed as far as snacks, water, and bug spray, and was so thoughtful and hospitable throughout. Aside from being extremely knowledgeable about the things we were looking at and the areas we were paddling through, she was so good at letting us make the trip our own, setting our own pace and allowing us to ask questions any time. She even took tons of pictures of us paddling around and emailed them to us a couple of days after the tour.

On the tour itself, we came up close and personal with several alligators and tons of birds, learned a ton about the plant life and the swamp itself, and paddled through some absolutely gorgeous "mangrove tunnels" (you have to see it to appreciate it!). It was truly an unforgettable experience, and we are so glad to have chosen Tour the Glades! People of all ages and from all walks of life should try this out when in South Florida.

Muskegon County, Michigan
“Hiking with Jennie.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My son and I were looking to hike some trails in the Big Cypress area and he saw the ad for private tours- Tour the Glades. I called Tod up to arrange a hike and he set us up with Jennie to hike the next day. I knew we were going to have a good time from the moment we met Jennie at 7:30 in the morning at the meeting place when she smiled and said how excited she was to be going on this hike. On the trail hiking with her we were fortunate to see the rare Florida Panther along with a cottonmouth snake, many alligators, thousands of frogs, and much more. Jennie provided water, bug spray and even strawberries and chocolates. .Being a native and just loving what she does Jennie made the hike very enjoyable. This hike was the highlight of our trip with my son as we went on several hikes on our own while visiting southern Florida, and we needed someone to point out all the things we should be looking for and what to avoid. I have already contacted Tod to let him know I will be calling him when I get back to Florida to do some other events.

Visited June 2014
“Important and valuable life lesson”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My two Granddaughters (cousins) both 10 yrs. old and myself did the kyack tour with Tod, the third week of June 2014. All of us were a little nervous about being so low in the water and up close and personal with local flora and fauna. Alligators in particular. Tod was so comfortable and relaxed and so knowledgeable that the girls' and my concerns evaporated very quickly. We became fascinated and enthusiastic and enjoyed every moment of our adventure. We came to view our fear of Alligators and their behaviour as not properly understanding the species in their natural habitat.
On reflection I realized that not only did we venture out of our comfort zone with positive results we also learned a very important life lesson. If you are afraid to try something, learn a lot more about it, before you give in to the concern. Those two 10 yr. olds, thanks to Tod, came away with an invaluable experience.
Jennifer Rogers,
'

Grafing, Germany
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Kayaking - Very individual experience”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

It surely is an exceptional offering - private tours through the Everglades. It is just the opposite of the touristy airboat racings with big groups. A silent discovery of nature on a 1:1 set up with a native guide. Fantastic.
The owner Tod Dahlke is committing to 100% customer satisfaction, and that is what you really feel. He is easy to get in contact with via email - so, also people from abroad can easily plan and fix an individual Everglade trip with him up front!
I can only recommend this actrivity!

Visited May 2014