“Definitely recommend you take this trip!”
Review of Tour the Glades

Tour the Glades
Ranked #1 of 33 Tours in Everglades City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tour The Glades is the Only exclusively Private tour operator in the Everglades! Quality instead of quantity is our goal...which means our guests receive 100% of our attention. We can only do one (maybe two) trips per day which makes each one very special. This approach is better for the environment and hands down the best way to explore the Everglades....just you and your own personal guide. We provide tours year round and all excursions are led by Native Naturalist Guides that provide EVERYTHING you'll need. Fresh seasonal fruit, cold bottled water and all the necessities are included. You won't need to purchase any additional items because we've thought of everything! We are priced the same as the group tour companies but only do Private Tours because Private is Best. You are our #1 priority.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely recommend you take this trip!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My friend and myself took a sunrise tour with Tod the other morning. We were a little nervous about being in the water with alligators and not knowing what to expect. As soon as we met Tod his knowledge and experience put us at ease immediately. We were not experienced at kayaking and Tod was so patient and allowed us paddle at our own pace. Throughout the experience he shared his extensive knowledge regarding the surrounding plant and wildlife. This made the trip very interesting and we also had plenty of time to soak in the wonderful atmosphere as the birds woke up and fled their nests. Tod provided everything we needed including delicious snacks half way through. He also took wonderful photos and emailed them to us shortly after our trip. He only does private tours and focuses on the quality of your experience and not the number of people in your group. I highly recommend this tour, it has been the highlight of our trip, thank you for the memories Tod!

• Finnish first
Dobbs Ferry, New York
“Great Tour!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We finally made it over to the Everglades and was so thankful to have Jenny show us around. She was not only extremely knowledgeable, but very fun and interesting to be around. Some fascinating stories about the history of the park! Coming within inches of 10 foot gators was definitely a highlight as well.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Everglades with the family”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family and I took a holiday to Florida this year and one of the high lights was doing a kayak tour of the everglades. We contacted Todd months before our trip and he couldn't be more helpful in booking us in on a day that we had free and reassureing us how safe it was going to be. He told us that all we need to bring is ourselves, hats and a camera, he would have everything else that we would need. He wasn't lying about that! We got started alittle bit late ( sorry again about that Todd) but the trip was absolutely amazing. Todd knew everything there was to know about the everglades and the wild life. Trust me my boys of 3 and 5 put him to the test. lol The whole family enjoyed every moment of the trip. Todd runs an outstanding company and if we had the time we would have booked in for another trip in a heart beat. By far the best tour we have ever been on. And the boys are still telling all their friends and relatives about the gators, birds and carpenter ants on the trees they saw on the trip, along with telling them all about the special leaves on the mangrove tree. And to top it off, at the half way point Todd pulls out some chocolate and strawberry and we have a little floating picnic. Top Class!!!! The service and attention to detail is unbeatable.

Visited June 2014
England
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“So good last time - we did it again and more!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a night kayak with Tod 2 years ago, it was the highlight of our holiday and so on this trip to the States (we live in the UK) we were so keen to go out with Tod again that we would have moved our holiday dates to accommodate his availability if that had been necessary. I can't exaggerate how good Tour the Glades is - we did a boat trip to Panther Key one day, Tod provided everything and made my mother (who is terrified of water) feel relaxed and she thoroughly enjoyed the day. We had a fabulous time beachcombing on Panther Key, had a picnic and then on our return journey to the marina a "just leaving home age" manatee swam up to the boat and swam around us for ages, which was amazing. The next night we did the night kayak again - yes Tod did warn us about the mosquitoes but we really wanted to do it. It was worth the bites - again Tod provided everything from bug spray to snacks, we saw gators, birds, bugs and spiders (yuk) and an amazing sunset, and then kayaked back through the mangrove tunnels with headlamps on. Not only is Tod extremely knowledgeable about the wildlife and terrain, but he really takes care to ensure you relax and enjoy. I am no lightweight and he didn't bat an eyelid at me asking if I could go in his kayak as I am not confident about doing that myself, and hauled me around in his kayak (and in and out of it) with every bit of friendliness that made me feel not a burden. Added to this Tod also offered to show us some local sights, and this was superb - and our visit to the Smallwood Store was so interesting and entertaining, and a real plus to get to chat to the locals of Everglade City.
If you are visiting the Everglades - your first thing on your list of "things to see and do" should be to contact Tour the Glades and ask Tod about all the various tours and trips he has to offer. They are private tours so you and your family/friends will get individual attention, an amazing guide and a personalised trip.
On our next trip to the States, my first step will be to contact Tod - third time - to see what we can come up with for this beautiful part of the country.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family and I really enjoyed our sunset tour of the Everglades with Jenny. We saw lots of alligators and birds, with the kayaking through the mangrove "forests" being the highlight.