“Extreme Adventure”

Capt Mitch's - Everglades Private Airboat Tours
Ranked #10 of 33 Tours in Everglades City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Captain Mitch's Thrilling Everglades airboat tours. The only all grassland airboat tour in the Everglades city area. Owned and operated by one of the oldest families in Everglades city Florida.
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We visited Everglades City in mid-March during Spring Break week for our first airboat tour of the Everglades. I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I was offered earplugs for $1.00 a pair which I promptly bought. We went out for our hour airboat tour and quickly saw our first gator, a female about 200 yards from where we left the shore. The airboat is noisy and takes you quickly through the Everglads and our guide was witty and knew about the local wildlife. He also knew where to find some alligators. We didn't see a lot of gators, only about 3 total, but we got to see one especially up close and personal. Our brought us slowly right up close to the gator and the gator popped his head up right by the front of the airboat as we drifted over him.

The trip was fun and the airboat was loud and fast, but it was a little short for the $40 per person charge. We were only out for about 50 minutes. I would have liked to be out riding around for a little longer. I felt safe the entire time we were out and our family had a great time. We even got to hold a baby alligator at the end of our trip. I was a little scared to hold the alligator, but I got a great picture of it. It was fun and I would do it again next time I am in Everglades City.

1  Thank Dem920

Reviewed 7 April 2013

The airboat ride was very nice. You get close to the swamp and to the animals who live there. We saw two aligators. One was hiding and another one was about to eat a fish. We were about 10 feet away from the aligators. It was a great experience. I really can recommend that. What I didnt like at all was the showing off, of a babay aligator later at boat house. One guy was just making fun of this little guy. He was actin like a jerk with no respect of the living creature. He treated the little guy just not in the right way. If you show those animals to people, especially to young folks, please tell them to treat animals with respect. Not every captain was doing it in that way! A gotor is not a toy or a leather jacket! Thanxs!

2  Thank 532TomW
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We loved it and we would definitely come back! This was a fun and adventurous tour, staff was very friendly, and the ride was fast but our captain was pretty good with the controls. It reminds us of a James Bond movie. Plus, we stopped a couple of times just to look at the amazing view. We also saw two female alligators floating in the Everglade Swamps and in the end, we got to hold some baby alligators. We liked it so much, we decided to buy three stuffed toy alligators! We highly recommend this to people who never been to the Everglades and reptile lovers!

3  Thank Natalie Z
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I really had a great experience at Everglades Private Airboat Tours; the staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I made my reservation a week before, when I arrived my reservation was confirmed, and I was told to await my assigned captain. The assigned captain arrived on time, assisted me on the airboat and asked me to stow away any "loose" items to prevent them from getting caught and/or destroyed in the airboat's fan mechanism. I learned lots about the Everglades as an ecosystem but also about its wildlife; I got to see alligators and spoon bills and lots of other local birds which was nice! I would do this again and recommend this company to anyone!

Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

Got there and there was no place to park. Checked in and they were backed up. Had 1 pm reservation but did not leave till 1:20. Ride was good. Captain Mike was informative but before you know it we are headed back. Supposed to be an hour ride but guess they decided to get caught up on our ride. When I tried to talk to owner he brushed me off and would not talk. He was too busy trying to fix one of the broken board.

There are better places to go then here where they are too busy and have no customer service.

2  Thank carolinacanuckNc
Mitch H, Owner at Capt Mitch's - Everglades Private Airboat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

I am sorry you feel you were shorted on time. When the boat left the dock it was called in as protocol and time logged in and cleared with a head count. When you brought this to me I invited the captain ( mike ) over and asked him how long he was out then asked the booking agent (sandy) and she confirmed one hr. Yes the parking lot is crowded between Christmas and Easter our busiest time of the year.