“Captain Stanford was great! ”

Capt Mitch's - Everglades Private Airboat Tours
Ranked #10 of 34 Tours in Everglades City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Captain Mitch's Thrilling Everglades airboat tours. The only all grassland airboat tour in the Everglades city area. Owned and operated by one of the oldest families in Everglades city Florida.
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I knew that the summer wasn't the best time to visit the Everglades but after driving to Key Largo from Naples along U.S 41 and spotting a few gators, I had to give it a try anyway! I checked TripAdvisor for the top airboat companies and emailed the top 3. The first response from the highest rated company wasn't very helpful but the response from Captain Mitch's was. Susan gave me details about a discount and let me know that we would be able to hold a baby Gator at the end of the tour. Also, it isn't very far from Naples and was easily accessible on Highway 41. We arrived early (around 9 am) to avoid the most intense heat. There were a couple of gators right there at the dock which was exciting! Captain Stanford brought us to come beautiful mangrove areas and explained some interesting facts about them. We zipped through the beautiful grasslands and saw many species of birds... Hawks, egrets, blue herons, etc. I was beginning to doubt we'd see a Gator (it wouldn't have mattered much if we hadn't because the trip was great anyway!) but on the way back, captain Stanford spotted a female and brought us nice and close and explained some more interesting info about them. It was definitely an experience we'll always remember!

All reviews
"take pictures"
in 12 reviews
"other companies"
in 9 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"fun experience"
"bucket list"
"mangrove trees"
in 9 reviews
"lots of fun"

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was my families first time on an airboat and we were all very impressed!! Capt. Darrell did an awesome job of piloting and showing you the Everglades, not just rushing you through the trip like he was in a hurry. We were able to take a lot of pics for our scrapbook! I highly recommend these guys!!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We passed by, when traveling to Key West and decided to go for a ride, and we don´t regret it. It was a great ride with lots of birds and aligators. Our capt, Ben told us alot about the wilderness and answerd all our questions. One good thing about Capt Mitch´s is the smal boats. The boat we went in took 11 passengers, later on our trip we saw boats that took twise the amount off passengers.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband has wanted to take an airboat ride in the Glades for years. On this trip to Florida we too the Tamiami Trail instead of Alligator Alley so that he could. We stopped at the very first place we saw advertising tours. It was Captain Mitch's. Captain Ben was the one that took us out on our trip. There were about 11 of us altogether on the boat. I felt very much like riding in the open bow of our boat, but much, much louder. We bought earplugs, thank goodness. The ride was fun and informative. Captain Ben would stop in various places and tell us things about the glades and what we were actually seeing. We learned about the red mangroves, fish, birds, and other creatures that lived there, but we didn't see any alligators. I actually felt very safe because we were on private property and our captain knew what he was doing. We got rained on, and were offered raincoats, and I was the only one who took one! I would do this again in a heartbeat! We seemed to be the only boat out there at the time, which was a good thing! As I said it's private property! We can check this one off our bucket list, and I thought the price of $40.00 for adults was reasonable. Children under 12 were cheaper.