Captain Derrick's Guide Service - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Back country and offshore fishing in the Everglades;around the 10,000 Islands in Everglades National Park. We can take up to four people and license and tackle is provided. We offer 1/2, 3/4 and full days. Captain Derrick is coast guard licensed and insured, has been in the business for 16 years and is a local native. Most coveted species are snook, redfish, trout, tarpon, and snapper.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Memorable”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

From the time we met Derrick at the restaurant for breakfast he was just a blast. Great personality and funny. His real asset is the ability to put you on fish. I had fished for years on the piers of Florida for snook and never caught one. My first snook with Derrick was 30". That just made my day. I will definitely be back. Beautiful scenery and great fishing. Good music to but I don't know about the singing LOL. Thanks Derrick for a great day.

Visited October 2013
ldaffin, Owner at Captain Derrick's Guide Service - Day Tours, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to review. We appreciate your business and are truly glad you enjoyed your day!

Panama City, Florida
“First Snook”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Captain Derrick is a hoot. We laughed and cut up the whole time we were with him. A friend and I spent Sept. 4 & 5, 2013 with him in the Everglades Snook fishing. He is a great guy and a great guide. The Snook were not biting very well, but Derrick searched until he found them. I caught my first Snook with him. My friend caught a 36" Snook. We both caught our limit of Red fish both days. WHEN I go back, I will fish with him again.
If you want to catch fish in the Everglades, go with Captain Derrick Daffin. He will do everything to make sure you catch some fish. Great guy and great time. Couldn't ask for a better person. I now think of him as a good friend.

Visited September 2013
ldaffin, Owner at Captain Derrick's Guide Service - Day Tours, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and post a picture; We appreciate your business and are sincerely glad you enjoyed the day!

Capt Derrick says hello and hopes to see you again soon!
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Should have his own reality show”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Full of down home profundities, humor to match the age and gender of his guests, and a man that knows his way through the Everglades; you cannot go wrong with Captain Derrick. The Everglades and Ten Thousand Islands are truly one of Americas's great treasures, the best way to see the glades is with a guide, whether it be fishing, birding or just sightseeing and Captain Derrick will reward you with a memorable visit. Don't forget to tip him or you may end up left on a mangrove island in Shark River.........

William Slade-Tampa Florida

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, a funny one at that! - We appreciate it and your continued business!

Until next time....:)
Naples, Florida
“Perfect Gift”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I took my husband on a fishing trip with Captain Derrick for our 4th anniversary. It ended up being the perfect gift for him. We both had a blast, and Captain Derrick made sure both of us caught a fish before we headed back to land. It doesn't matter how experienced you are at fishing, you'll catch one before the day is over! When we got back to land, he cut and cleaned it all for us, and let me tell ya, redfish is some of the most delicious fish you will ever eat!

Visited August 2013
Thanks for the review and pics! We are glad you enjoyed the day and we appreciate your business!
“Life changing”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Captain Derrick took my buddy and I fishing through the mangroves down there in the Everglades. I never knew much about fishing but after about two hours with Derrick and catching some fish like I was a pro I fell in love. Captain Derrick isn't just good at his job, he's the perfect fishin' buddy and will have you in stitches the whole time. You can't put a price tag on the day he shows you it's that good! Come on now!

Visited July 2013