“Another Great Day with Captain Derrick!”

Captain Derrick's Guide Service - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Back country and offshore fishing in the Everglades;around the 10,000 Islands in Everglades National Park. We can take up to four people and license and tackle is provided. We offer 1/2, 3/4 and full days. Captain Derrick is coast guard licensed and insured, has been in the business for 16 years and is a local native. Most coveted species are snook, redfish, trout, tarpon, and snapper.
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Another great day on the water with Captain Derrick! Took my son in law for the first time and he kept saying this was his best fishing trip ever! And he fishes a lot! I've been fishing with Captain D for 15 or 16 years. Even on slow fishing days it's always a treat being in the Ten Thousand Islands with not only a great guide but a great fishing buddy!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Took a charter out with Captain Derrick on March 6 with my two cousins. We caught our our bait in the morning and with the wind blowing hard, we traveled far up into the backcountry of the Everglades. The first spot we tried landed us right in "snook heaven"! We caught a boatload of snook and got our three keepers. We had to leave because a big storm hit but Captain Derrick drove us safely to a remote vacant cabin to wait it out. A great time and never stopped laughing the whole day. Always helpful when you cast your bait into the mangroves! Derrick is born and raised in Everglades City and know every inch of the area and great spots to fish. Always a memorable experience to fish with Captain Derrick and can't wait to do it again! Bob Stahl, Naples, FL

1  Thank Spottail2014
Reviewed 29 December 2013

As an avid fisherman, I probably put in 75 days a year on the water. I have fished Everglades National Park a handful of times in the past. Based on a referral, my December 27th 2013 was one of my top five fishing experiences ever. My girlfriend, goddaughter (12 years old) and I left Chokoloskee Bay around 8:30 am on Captain Derrick Daffin’s 24 foot Pathfinder. The boat and gear were all in top condition and Captain Daffin (or Double “D” as my goddaughter called him) could not have been more friendly and accommodating.
While leaving Chokoloskee Bay “Double D” asked me what I wanted out of the day and I replied to catch fish and most of all make sure my goddaughter has a wonderful day on the water that she would never forget. He delivered on both. We caught ten different species of fish including a ton of large snook, reds, a couple of the obligatory catfish and even a puffer fish.
“Double D” was very knowledgeable about the environment and answered all the questions we posed to him in a professional manner with a lot of humor mixed in. He even got some dolphin to surf and jump in the wake of the boat which my girlfriend and goddaughter loved. My goddaughter baited her first hook that day and Captain Daffin gave us all tips on casting and landing fish. He provided history of Everglades City and his family.
Upon arriving back at the dock around 4:15, “Double D” asked my goddaughter what she thought and got a one word response “awesome”. Mission accomplished.
I will definitely be back on the boat of Captain Daffin in the future. If you ever want a truly unique fishing experience, I recommend you try out Everglades National Park and “Double D”.

F. B. of Tampa

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My friends and I fish somewhere every year. We fish for Salmon in Alaska and Tarpon in Costa Rica. We also fish in Boca Grande but this trip to Everglades City was a big surprise. Fishing with Cpt Derrick was not only fun as his knowledge of the area was amazing but he put us on some great fish. We caught numerous large reds and some serious snook. My largest snook on the trip was 36 inches and I broke off a couple that were larger. Cpt. Derrick will have to put up with us again as we will be back. THANKS Capt for a great trip.
Mack Parker

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 October 2013

From the time we met Derrick at the restaurant for breakfast he was just a blast. Great personality and funny. His real asset is the ability to put you on fish. I had fished for years on the piers of Florida for snook and never caught one. My first snook with Derrick was 30". That just made my day. I will definitely be back. Beautiful scenery and great fishing. Good music to but I don't know about the singing LOL. Thanks Derrick for a great day.

ldaffin, Owner at Captain Derrick's Guide Service - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to review. We appreciate your business and are truly glad you enjoyed your day!