After finding the Ivey House on Tripadvisor, booked and emailed back and forth with them on booking tours.
Stayed two nights Mar 28-30, the Ivey House is a great base, large for a B&B (about 30 rooms), but very friendly staff and great care and attention to detail.
Everglades City was full of warm and friendly folk, as "un-city" at you could imagine given you are only 80 minutes or so from Miami.
The Mangrove tunnel kayak tour was great, fantastic to see both North and South of US41 (one side fresh water, the other brackish, with mangroves.
Speedy Johnson tours (and Captain Shannon) highly recommended.
Camellia Grill had great food, fantastic salad vegetables....service very slow, but hey, be ready for it and soak up the atmosphere.
Will definitey return, likely next winter for a multi day kayak excursion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the magic of this secret paradise located in the heart of historic Everglades City. The Inn is the first Florida Certified Green Lodging in Collier County and features free WiFi, a scrumptious breakfast, a relaxing pool, and a friendly staff available to assist you easy access into unique and breathtaking areas of Everglades National Park. For 30 years the Harraden family has provided travelers ways to explore this World Treasure. Make a Dream Vacation Your Reality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ivey House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ivey House Hotel Everglades City
- Ivey House Everglades City, Florida