We didn't stay at Ivey House - we booked a kayak trip through them. We did the only trip that they offer during the off-season, an early morning tour. Troy was our guide and he was fantastic. He was very friendly, modest and knowledgeable. He was extremely helpful and patient with members of our group who were new to kayaking. His enthusiasm for the area, flora and fauna was evident and made the trip even more special. We saw several different kinds of birds, alligators (including babies) and interesting vegetation. It was very cool to kayak in this preserve - like nothing I've ever done before. The only criticism I have is that when I called to book, the person who took the reservation was not very friendly. There are so many choices for tours that I think the first impression is very important. A friendly and helpful reception would have made me feel better about the trip from the beginning. But once we arrived, everything was great and I would highly recommend Ivey House for a kayak tour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the magic of this secret paradise located in the heart of historic Everglades City. The Inn is the first Florida Certified Green Lodging in Collier County and features free WiFi, a scrumptious breakfast, a relaxing pool, and a friendly staff available to assist you easy access into unique and breathtaking areas of Everglades National Park. For 30 years the Harraden family has provided travelers ways to explore this World Treasure. Make a Dream Vacation Your Reality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ivey House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ivey House Hotel Everglades City
- Ivey House Everglades City, Florida