We stayed for two nights here, had a great time in the Everglades. It is HOT in August here in Florida, so my number one need for any place is A/C, and while it worked very well in our villa there was only one A/C unit and it was in the living room so the bedroom was quite warm, my wife get sick if sleeping with a fan of any kind on her, so we had to turn the A/C down to about 50 to cool off the bedroom, when we got up it was so cold! The kitchen was small and the appliances old, but they worked very well, and the kitchen was fully stocked with pots and pans, and silverware, and even grilling utensils, they have a nice grilling area out back and some picnic tables (bring bug spray!) The free use of the canoes is another bonus, we used them once, had a lot of fun with it. The back porch area is nice to sit and try to spot alligators and bird watch. The WIFI worked well, no complaints. There a a few restaurants within walking distance, and multiple boat tours withing walking distance as well. The place is old, no doubt, but if you are looking for some peace and quite, and some adventure at the same time this place is perfect. I would come back in a heart beat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- River Wilderness has 12 one bedroom villas and 2 two bedroom villas. Each unit has a fully equipped kitchen and lovely screen porch overlooking the water. All villas have AC/heat, cable TV, phone in room, free WiFi. Canoes, swimming pool, BBQ grill, laundry are available for all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your River Wilderness Waterfront Villas, Everglades reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Wilderness Waterfront Villas, Everglades Hotel Everglades City
- River Wilderness Waterfront Villas, Everglades Everglades City, Florida