We were here for Xmas and decided to return; new owner and some renovation and a new manager. Just delightfully wonderful staff who will do whatever they can to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable. Unfortunately, they have a challenge. We are renting one of their suites and it is VERY small compared to most hotel rooms. Closet space is very little.
But, there is a feeling of a large family in this place. Pete, the breakfast chef, is wonderful company but our MVP was Bill, the maintenance chief who gave us additional chairs/tables as needed.
Beech is just downstairs; the chairs and umbrellas are a bit flimsy but not a big thing. They have a nice rooftop where one can enjoy the sunrise and sunset and just hang out. I am surprised that they don't put out some wine/cheese in the evenings and turn up some music on the roof.
Olivia, the new manager is not just delightful but will do what she can to make your stay pleasant. She has only so much "room" to work with.
I would return again but maybe not for 5+ days but instead 2-3 days for sure.
Putt putt golf next door and you can rent chairs and bikes there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Amelia Inn is a 46-room boutique hotel located directly on the beach in Amelia Island, Fla., offering free hot breakfast, a rooftop sundeck, outdoor swimming pool and location near Historic Downtown Fernandina Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Seaside Amelia Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Seaside Amelia Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Seaside Amelia Hotel
- The Seaside Amelia Inn Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach