“Just like a wonderful family”

The Seaside Amelia Inn
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Atlanta
“Just like a wonderful family”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were here for Xmas and decided to return; new owner and some renovation and a new manager. Just delightfully wonderful staff who will do whatever they can to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable. Unfortunately, they have a challenge. We are renting one of their suites and it is VERY small compared to most hotel rooms. Closet space is very little.
But, there is a feeling of a large family in this place. Pete, the breakfast chef, is wonderful company but our MVP was Bill, the maintenance chief who gave us additional chairs/tables as needed.
Beech is just downstairs; the chairs and umbrellas are a bit flimsy but not a big thing. They have a nice rooftop where one can enjoy the sunrise and sunset and just hang out. I am surprised that they don't put out some wine/cheese in the evenings and turn up some music on the roof.
Olivia, the new manager is not just delightful but will do what she can to make your stay pleasant. She has only so much "room" to work with.
I would return again but maybe not for 5+ days but instead 2-3 days for sure.
Putt putt golf next door and you can rent chairs and bikes there.

Room Tip: If you have a young child, you will need a suite for sure. Regular rooms are also good for just a co...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Royston
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Overall this is a great hotel the rooms are very clean and the staff is very helpful there are a few minor changes I would recommend the Hotel making to improve their guests stay. There is no full-size bathtub in any of the rooms and we did not even think to ask this question because every hotel that we have ever stayed at had a full-size bathtub so if you have a baby or small toddler you will need to improvise, also tgey need space to put shampoo in the shower, the bathroom door will not open all the way due to the bed. I would recommend a little more space, it is a very snug set up and there needs to be a full-size mirror somewhere in the room. I would recommend only three adults to a room to prevent it being too crowded. Also, in checking out there Were no luggage carts to use and I would recommend the hotel purchasing more carts as we saw other guest also having to carry their luggage to their vehicles. Also it would be nice to also offer bacon for breakfast

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Iloveamelia
Folkston
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The staff was most helpful! My husband is very picky about places we visit and he said he would definitely return! My kids loved the pool and complimentary beach balls!! It was a short, easy walk to the beach! It was very clean with a good room setup! The 5 of us slept better there than we do at home!! We loved it!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank MelandHeather
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had a overnight stay and enjoyed the room, pleasant experience. It was nice and clean. Our corner room was sufficient and we could have stayed there a few extra days! Very close to the beach and not crowded at all.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JoAnne Q
Hinckley, Ohio
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Seaside Amelia Inn is a small boutique-type hotel. It has a great location, is right on the beach and the staff is wonderful and extremely helpful. The downfalls of this hotel are not the fault of the staff but must be noted. We stayed in an ocean view, balcony suite. It was clean and well appointed. Yes, it was snug, but not uncomfortably so. The bed is close to the door and hallway and there was a lot of light coming in from around and underneath the door. Just be aware if you are a sleeper who likes total darkness. My biggest complaint is that at 6:04 both mornings a garbage truck came to empty the dumpster in the parking lot on our side of the building. BAM! Wide awake at the crack of dawn. So much for sleeping in on my trip. Also, when we arrived the very nice woman working at the desk handed us the charge for our room. It was more than the per-night charge that was agreed-upon when booking (I booked over the phone). I pulled the confirmation up on my phone with the correct per-night cost and she apologized and changed it right away. Just make sure to check before you pay. The staff was lovely and the General Manager was even kind enough to purchase peanut butter for me to use on my toast in the morning when she learned that I am vegan. She left it in our room with a nice note. Please don't let my review deter you from staying at the Amelia Inn. Just choose your room away from the parking lot if you are a light sleeper, bring a sleep mask and be prepared for close quarters.

Room Tip: Request to be away from the parking lot. We were in a suite and it was tight so I'd imagine the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hmlconrad
SeasideInnAmelia, General Manager at The Seaside Amelia Inn, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear hmlconrad;

Thank you for choosing Seaside Amelia Inn while visiting Amelia Island. Your compliments on our service are greatly appreciated. We strive each day to exceed our guest’s expectation throughout their stay. As a valued guest, your feedback is very important to us. I would like to personally apologize for your early morning wake up. We have spoken with the company in regards to the issue and we’re trying to work a better timing for the pick up. We are also correcting the lighting issue under the door. We've recently completed renovations to our hotel and still fine tuning some of the minor issue. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Amelia Island.

Olivia Hoblit
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Seaside Amelia Inn was a great location. We stayed in one of their ocean view suites (w/o a balcony). I would have preferred a balcony, but none were available. I was a little concerned because of the reviews about the rooms being small. The suite we stayed in was a decent size. Everything has been remodeled and the inside of the hotel was very nice. Breakfast was made to order and included in the price of the room. After arriving home, we realized that my husband left his brand new, in the box, never worn Nike shoes in our suite. I called the hotel and was told our room hadn't been cleaned yet, but that housekeeping would check. I figured that the shoes were never to be seen again. To my pleasant surprise, the shoes were found and sent back to us. It's great to know there are still honest people in this world. It probably would not have happened at most hotels. I definitely would stay at The Seaside Amelia Inn again. Oh and if you like burgers, you must try Tasty's which is located about 2 miles from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cheri R
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. The made to order breakfast and ample parking were great benefits. It was reasonably priced with a terrific location. Our family will be staying here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
Residence Inn Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#11 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to The Seaside Amelia Inn? Share your experiences!