“Manhattan style Italian - in charming Fernandina Beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ciao Bistro

Ciao Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Ciao Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Marietta, Ga
“Manhattan style Italian - in charming Fernandina Beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Really nice surprise! Wonderful , authentic Italian food, as good as any fine NYC restaurant. We are pretty harsh judges of Italian restaurants,having been lucky enough to have visited many of the world's best. The shellfish in the Zuppa di Pesce was clearly fresh and perfectly cooked. Sauce was yummy.Their sliced steak with roasted garlic and spinach was a beautiful dish. The owner was attentive ( and, yes he did have a restaurant in Manhattan! ) and interesting to talk to. We tried Ciao based on TA recommendations and subsequently learned that is a hugely popular place for locals too. Really worth it!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Diana777

Carthage, Tennessee
“Best Italian out there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We wherein the mood for some pasta went here on a suggestion. Best Italian I've had in a long time. Great food! Would definitely recommend.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The food and service were excellent, but it seemed extra noisy even for a restaurant. I would probably eat outside next time.

Visited June 2014
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“High Quality in great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Don't miss the Antipasto appetizer that is advertised as for -2- but is really for -4-. Party of five and not one bad dish. I recommend the seafood with rigatoni and tomato cream sauce. My wife recommends the pasta with grilled chicken, seasonal vegetables and cream sauce. Had to skip the desserts since we were stuffed. Bread / olive oil pesto was great, but wish I did not load up on seconds... Save room for dessert instead.

Visited July 2014
West Islip, New York
“Very Very Good (and that from a New Yorker)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Living on Long Island and eating in Manhattan frequently there is no shortage of good Italian restaurants. I do not know where the previous reviewer ate on July 5th but it wasn't the Ciao I ate at. True I only had a light meal but what I had was excellent. I started with the Mozzarella special that included a ball of some of the creamiest and tasty Mozz. I have ever had. Plate included some prosciutto (good) and arugula that blew me away. Slightly bitter as it should be with a sweet back note. Don't know where they got it from but keep that supplier. Followed that with a Margherita Pizza that was paper thin and good as any I have had in the Mecca of pizza. The slight drizzle of olive oil on top added a flavorful touch. My dining partner had lasagna and was duly impressed (he is also from New York). Since I travel here frequently and had eaten many times at the Italian restaurant that Ciao replaced I will certainly eat there again for something more substantial.

• Visited July 2014