My two young adult children and I visited the Amelia Island Plantation Resort in late September/early October. The weather was perfect, and we had a wonderful time! It took us a little time to actually find the hotel - we just hadn't driven far enough! But once we did, check in was simple, and it turned out that our room wasn't too much of a walk from the main building. I did pay for the bellman to take our bags, but it turned out we could easily have taken them ourselves! We found easy parking in the large garage, and our room was perfect! We had a sixth floor room overlooking a par 3 golf hole and the ocean. Couldn't have asked for anything better! We ate lunch at the restaurant by the pool while waiting for our bags to be delivered, and by the time we got back, the bags were there. We changed into bathing suits and spent some quality time at the beautiful pool (well, 2 pools actually, one adults only and one family friendly). Each pool had a rather large hot tub as well. Servers circulate around the pool area taking drink and food orders, just be warned that you can only charge your purchase to your room or use a credit card, no cash. We had dinner at the on site sports bar and watched a little football. The next day, we started off with the amazing breakfast buffet - a bargain considering all the options available. We visited at the Nature Center and rented a bike to tour the resort. We also ended up renting a fishing pole and caught/released some fish at the ponds on site (they provide the bait as well). I visited the driving range at the golf course to hit some balls using rental clubs. We did lots of relaxing by the pool, walking on the beach, visiting lovely Fernandina Beach, and poking around the shops in town and at the resort. It was a perfect 4 day/3 night stay, and I'd definitely return! Convenient to JAX, too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the tip of a barrier island just off the Northeast Florida coast, this AAA Four Diamond oceanfront resort features luxurious ocean view accommodations, family-friendly activities, grand on-site meeting spaces, and endless dining options. It's the perfect backdrop for your family vacation, romantic getaway, corporate event, or destination wedding. Whether you choose one of our deluxe oceanfront rooms, a contemporary premier guest room, or a completely indulgent luxury hotel suite, you will enjoy unparalleled ocean views and spacious accommodations. Relax on the largest multi-tiered pool deck in Northeast Florida, which features an adult-only infinity edge pool, a 10,000-square-foot family-friendly splash pool, a splash park water playground for the kids, two hot tubs, and oversized fire pits. Stroll down 3.5 miles of pristine beach or spend an afternoon kayaking and paddleboarding through Amelia Island's preserved marshlands, just a few of the many activities available during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Hotel Amelia Island
- Hotel Amelia Island
- Resort Amelia Island
- Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort Fernandina Beach