“Beautiful Beachfront Resort”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Springfield, Virginia
“Beautiful Beachfront Resort”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My two young adult children and I visited the Amelia Island Plantation Resort in late September/early October. The weather was perfect, and we had a wonderful time! It took us a little time to actually find the hotel - we just hadn't driven far enough! But once we did, check in was simple, and it turned out that our room wasn't too much of a walk from the main building. I did pay for the bellman to take our bags, but it turned out we could easily have taken them ourselves! We found easy parking in the large garage, and our room was perfect! We had a sixth floor room overlooking a par 3 golf hole and the ocean. Couldn't have asked for anything better! We ate lunch at the restaurant by the pool while waiting for our bags to be delivered, and by the time we got back, the bags were there. We changed into bathing suits and spent some quality time at the beautiful pool (well, 2 pools actually, one adults only and one family friendly). Each pool had a rather large hot tub as well. Servers circulate around the pool area taking drink and food orders, just be warned that you can only charge your purchase to your room or use a credit card, no cash. We had dinner at the on site sports bar and watched a little football. The next day, we started off with the amazing breakfast buffet - a bargain considering all the options available. We visited at the Nature Center and rented a bike to tour the resort. We also ended up renting a fishing pole and caught/released some fish at the ponds on site (they provide the bait as well). I visited the driving range at the golf course to hit some balls using rental clubs. We did lots of relaxing by the pool, walking on the beach, visiting lovely Fernandina Beach, and poking around the shops in town and at the resort. It was a perfect 4 day/3 night stay, and I'd definitely return! Convenient to JAX, too!

Room Tip: I don't think there's a "bad" room at the resort! All are oceanfront from what I...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
Keller, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I travel on business frequently and I stay in a lot of high end hotels. I was impressed by the attention to detail at your hotel. Your staff was engaging, friendly and above all extremely helpful. The food was incredible with extra stars for the Veranda and the morning Omletes at Sunrise Cafe. My wife and I had a great experience during our stay and I have already spoke of it with friends and family. I would definately recommend the Omni to anyone traveling in that area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Very nice hotel accommodations with beautiful property, comfortable rooms and excellent food. I was there for a conference and attached convention centre was very convenient. The bedroom I had overlooked the beach and was very comfortable. The outside pool and hot tub were very nice and also overlook the ocean. The beach is beautiful and just minutes from the hotel rooms. I would definitely consider returning with my family.

Fort Walton Beach, Fl
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We loved the beach feeling of this hotel. Although we come from a beach and tourist area, we thought this hotel was exceptional, and lived up to the ads. Teh design and decor are lovely, you really feel like you are on the beach. The food was wonderful, too!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Irvine, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Was here for a conference. The location is off the beaten path, which was only bad from a cell phone signal standpoint. The property itself was very nice and scrupulously maintained. Staff were over the top nice and all made an effort to greet me as I passed the front door on my way to the conference center. If I have the opportunity to be in north Florida for a vacation, I will definitely keep this place on my short list.

NJ, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Loved my stay here. Gorgeous setting, a multitude of activities, and a private beach. The hotel is very large and so if you're here for a conference, chances are folks you know are spread out everywhere. While the walk to your room is pretty dated, once you get inside your room it's immaculate and posh. My only negative about this place is that the quality and variety of food is so-so.

Lexington, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

A beautiful property with amenities that consider everything you might want! We ate breakfast every morning at the Sunrise Cafe, where staff make their own breads and jams...likely the best buffet we've experienced in many years of travel. Our room was comfortable and bright, with a beautiful view of the beach. All staff we encountered were friendly and service-oriented. I was on the property for a meeting but could not imagine a better overall experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!