“Just ok.....”

Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 22 August 2011

My husband and I stayed one night....this being our really only vacation for the year. Checked in.....lively common room area. Shown our room but upon close inspection it did not meet my expectations for what we paid. The floor had not been swept under the bed....there was a magazine under the bed which would have been removed if the room had been properly cleaned. The bed itself (mattress) was off center of the box springs which made it difficult to get off and on the bed on one side, sheets would not stay put..very irritating. The bathroom counter was made of wood.....very rippled and the varnish was coming off. Please tell me how you SANITIZE it???? YUCK. The "Marble tub" as advertised was faux marble and the "Bubble bath" was merely shower get. The vent for the a/c was caked with dust and since it blew in my face all night, I continually breathed in dust and mildew. The window shade was tattered on one side due to inferior quality room inspections and looked distasteful. Overall, the room did not have the attention it needed to make it the property it has been reviewed at. I would much rather have stayed at the other end at the high end HOTEL. Gave the checkout my list of things I found deficient and never heard a word from management. Will not recommend; albiet, breakfast was good.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank Becky0103
Elizabethpointelodge, General Manager at Elizabeth Pointe Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

I agree with all your observations. We had the unfortunate case of a housekeeper in training and the absence that day of our Inspector who checks all our rooms. The items found are inexcusable. The quality and presentation did not meet our expectation either. All of the items have been addressed…even the sink. Since it is a “one of a kind” we had a replica made and it is now “in place” while the original is being refurbished.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we are retraining as you read this.

Olivia Hoblit

Reviewed 14 August 2011

We fell in love with Elizabeth Pointe Lodge during our trip to Amelia Island last week and we plan to return to enjoy the beach, the interesting accommodations, and the exceptionally friendly and helpful staff at Elizabeth Pointe. The Lodge is, in fact, right on the beach, and the inn provides guests with umbrellas and chairs free. Elizabeth Point Lodge is only a very short drive to nearby dining, shopping, and historic sites. The main house has a variety of well appointed rooms, several with an ocean view, and the main lobby is a hubbub of activity and conversation. My wife and I and our two daughters (20+) were booked into the Miller House, a great accommodation for families. Unfortunately for us, our pet of 16 years died during our trip and we were forced to leave early. But, we plan to return to this terrific B&B.

Room Tip: Miller House is great for families
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed at Elizabeth Pointe Lodge August 9 to 12, 2011. It was our third trip there (the other two being in 1996 and 1997). We returned because of pleasant memories from our previous trips. The facility was every bit as nice as we remembered, if not better. The location cannot be beat-only steps from the beach on a quiet and uncrowded section of the beach. We were impressed by the constant effort at keeping the place attractive (i.e. painting of porch chairs, etc). Breakfasts were ample and delicious with plenty of choices. There were plenty of people on the staff, and they were most courteous in offering help and advice. The evening wine and snack time at 6PM was very enjoyable. The restaurants in Fernandina Beach and on the island were very good and only a short drive away. It seems as though no effort has been spared in seeing to the guest's comfort and enjoyment.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights with our children aged 2 and 6, the inn has a lovely feel to it and is right on the most gorgeous beach. The room was a little small to accomodate all 4 of us but I would really recomend this lodge for couples, ask for a sea view the view is to die for! Would recomend staing here in a heart beat, lovely rooms, people and food.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed at the EPL from 5/29-6/4- overall, it was fantastic. Our room was great and always cleaned. The breakfast was fantastic (really loved the fresh squeezed OJ). It is located directly on the beach and only a short drive to downtown Fernandino Beach (was a charming and fun town with fantastic restaurants. If you like Mexican i highly recommend Pablos). Negatives: Other than breakfast, the light sandwiches that you can order at the B&B are over priced and very bland- would recommend driving into town to eat. Also, all except one lady, provided great customer service. I forget her name, but when she found out we were from NY, she automatically assumed it was NYC and started talking to us in a terrible NJ accent. When I said we were from Syracuse, she got snotty and said "I know where that is". Plus, for the amount we paid to stay there, you would think the help would have good hygiene. She had rotten teeth-stuff like that bothers me, but I may be too picky. Anyway, we had a great time and would recommend EPL for a quiet, relaxing, romantic vacation!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We haven't gotten to go for the last couple of years, so I checked the reviews to see if it is still the same great place I remembered. I was satisfied with what I read, and after a four day stay, happy we went. The price is higher than we usually pay for lodging, but this is right on the beach, and the value is great for all the complimentary services: beach chairs and umbrellas set up for guests every day, breakfast, social hour, cookies, lemonade and ice water inside the door to the porch, when you come in from the beach or reading on the porch, wi-fi, use of the computer in the lobby, coffee and tea service, parking is not extra, and the staff provides excellent personal service, all day. When I consider the few negative reviews, I'm puzzled, especially the ones about breakfast not being anything special. I don't know where these people usually stay, or what they eat for breakfast, but normally, where we stay, the highlight is a waffle iron and waffle batter. The breakfasts at Elizabeth Pointe, are lovely-- an egg dish, meat, oatmeal, potatoes and grits, house made breads, plus the usual yogurt, cereal, etc. While there is no on-sight fitness facility, guest use of the local YMCA is also complimentary. It is a very nice Y. The rooms are not large, but they are large enough for the small amount of time I spend in my hotel room, and they are charming. In the middle of the week, in July, the beach was not crowded, nor are the restaurants in town. It was relaxing and wonderful, just as it has always been. My tip-- I don't care about getting an oceanfront room. I spend all the time I can on the beach or the wide wrap-around porch overlooking the ocean. My caveat-- the inn itself is pretty much an adults only place. There are some off-site properties that will accommodate families.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank momelise
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We chose Elizabeth Pointe Lodge for our yearly get-together. There were 4 couples in our group. We drove from SC and GA for a 4 night stay. We were delighted with the rooms, closeness to the ocean, porches, & food. The breakfasts were delicious, with several different choices each morning. The wine & hors d'oeuvres each evening @ 6, were delicious & a special treat! They even had several beer choices for our friend who doesn't care for wine! Each day we went to the beach, we were welcomed with umbrellas and lounge chairs that were set up, waiting for us!
I cannot say enough about the staff. They were so accomodating! They helped us chose and reserve restaurants, outings, & golf. We all would love to return and will recommend it to our family and friends!

Room Tip: We chose Sunset Rooms to save $. We saw no need for beach front rooms, since the porches are so clo...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Re...
#7 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Elizabeth Pointe Lodge? Share your experiences!