“Need a relaxing weekend getaway?”

Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Elizabeth Pointe Lodge is a perfect weekend getaway. It has everything you would want in a vacation. Great location, wonderful service and beautiful accomodations. All of that comes at a price but well worth the splurge! We stayed in a standard room, but nothing was standard about it. Room was a decent size with a king bed & a fairly large en-suite bath with a huge soaking tub! It even had ocean views. Breakfast is included although I've had better it was plentiful. There is a huge deck to enjoy your breakfast or alcholic beverage. It is right on the beach and they have lounge chairs & umbrellas set-up for guests. You can also rent beach bikes by the hour. You can't go wrong with this inn. Perfect place to unwind & relax.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank fab61

Reviewed 11 June 2012 via mobile

This was our third time visiting and I think this will continue to be a tradition. We originally came for our honeymoon and now make one to two night visits. Great rooms, great environment right on the beach. I love to stay here and hear the ocean at night. Staff is always friendly. I love the evening social hour, good food, plus we ordered room service which was great. I actually find the food here better than local restaurants. And of course the breakfast is the best, just watch the sunrise right on the beach on the porch. Only one complaint this time, shower was dirty with hair and dental floss, I didn't have the heart to complain and this was only the first time I saw a problem. Anyway, we love this place and will continue to visit for years!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We love Elizabeth Pointe!
We came there 5 years ago. It is still now as it was then: a real smooth place.
Nothing, I mean nothing disagreeable here will hurt your stay. From the quality of the bedding to the excellent, copious and always different (full buffet) breakfast; and from the ever helpful personnel to the deck chairs with towels and parasols, everything is geared to your comfort and contentment in a real friendly manner.
The rooms have a mix of light colored paint and wallpaper in delicate tones, the walls sparkled with series of nautical frames and all this, plus some quite elegant furniture, will give you a sense of such fulness that you will want to stay a little longer in bed before jumping to your daily chores.
We also came to appreciate the value of this place as we spent almost one full day on the porch experiencing the fury of the first tropical storm of the season.
We have a preference for the ocean view suites on the top floor, especially the corner room (416) with a large shower in grey marble dressing. We had to change room during our stay and went from ocean view to parking view. Although, the price of the room reflect the obvious loss of view, we (to our surprise and probably due to the bigger size of the room) never felt hostages of this new arrangement. We have a preference for the main house, but if you want more privacy, choose the TOP floor of the Ocean House facing the beach (we slept there on our first visit) .
One last, but not least, bit: there is on the beach a restaurant close enough to the left of the lodge who seems to have some preference for high levels of music that coul become quite disturbing, and that is the only negative to this absolutely excellent place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Globetrotter1051
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at Elizabeth Pointe for Memorial Day Weekend. It is a large B&B (maybe 20 rooms), in this amazing building that looks very historical, although was built recently so has all modern amenities. It is located right on the beach and there are beach chairs and umbrellas set up. It is also less than a 5 minute drive to downtown Fernandina which is great for trips into town (vs. the Ritz which is probably 15 - 20 minutes away). We booked late and so didn't have a beach facing room but we loved our room anyway. It was quite large and was decorated really well. All of the rooms are decorated differently akin to a house rather than a hotel. Our room was very quiet and the bed was really comfortable. I slept great the entire time I was there. They offer breakfast daily for free and then lunch/snacks/dinner upon request. We ate their for breakfast and lunch but went into town for dinner. Downtown Fernandina is a very cute town with historical buildings and really good restaurants. It is very casual. The staff at Elizabeth Pointe was extremely nice. The latest check out is noon so keep that in mind. Our only complaint is that the water tastes very salty but they offered filtered water and lemonade in the lobby all day anyway.

Room Tip: We had room 14 but peaked into a few other rooms on the 4th floor. We thought room 14 was nicer than...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My husband and I enjoyed 4 nights in May, 2012. Given a choice we highly recommend one of the oceanfront rooms. Elisabeth Pointe Lodge has the atmosphere of an older property with all the amenities of a modern one. The service was phenomenal. After only 4 days the staff felt like friends. They were quick to respond to all requests. There were always several delicious choices at breakfast. We also enjoyed the afternoon happy hour. We would highly recommend staying here and we look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie L
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I would happily recommend the Elizabeth Pointe Lodge. My husband & I stayed recently on a 2-day honeymoon, and were really pleased with our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful and very accommodating; they seemed genuinely happy to be there and to have us there as well. We stayed in the Ocean House; our room was beautifully appointed and felt more like the guest house at a rich friend's estate than a standard hotel room - very homey and comfortable, while still being impressive. The beach is a short walk down a private boardwalk, and beach towels were provided in our room. The social hour was a great way to relax and have a drink while making plans for the evening, and the breakfast each morning couldn't be beat!

Lots of places are expensive, but I feel the Elizabeth Pointe Lodge went the extra mile and is absolutely deserving of its nightly rate. The family we shared a breakfast table with were repeat guests, and I hope eventually my husband and I can say the same thing. I honestly can't imagine being disappointed with any aspect of a stay at this incredible place!

Room Tip: Footsteps from the upstairs rooms in the Ocean House can be heard since the floors are wood; if you...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alh5359
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This was a really wonderful treat to stay here. We were there for 3 nights. I was late making my reservations, so we moved to a different room each night. All were ocean front and all rooms were quite different. The weather was windy, but we were able to sleep with the windows open, so we enjoyed very restful sleep. The hospitality was perfection. Susan and David have thought of every detail to make their guests feel welcome! They are the model innkeepers! The price was higher than we usually pay, but the full breakfast was wonderful. Complimentary wine and appetizers in the evening in the rocking chairs on the porch watching the waves was very special. With all the details and extras, I thought the price was worth it. We look forward to going back!

Room Tip: Ocean front is perfect, although, if price is a consideration, the other rooms would be a fine choic...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
2 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#2 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Re...
#6 of 13 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Elizabeth Pointe Lodge? Share your experiences!