Any place on the ocean can be lovely when the sun is hot and the waves are pretty, but I was at the Elizabeth Pointe Lodge on a grey and gloomy day in February 2013. This is such a charming facility, it didn't matter. The building itself is relatively new, but it's built in an old-fashioned style. The rooms are smallish and cozy. The public areas encourage "hellos" and conversations. The staff was painfully cordial and helpful and friendly. The beach is spectacular. The porch, overlooking the beach, was the perfect hideway. Breakfast was perfect; just the right size and variety without being pretentious. I easily could have stayed a week. Or a month.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elizabeth Pointe offers oceanfront relaxation with refined Southern hospitality. Wrap-around porches, beautifully decorated rooms, seaside dining at The Pointe Restaurant, 24/7 room service and staff to exceed your expectations will all be a part of your stay at Elizabeth Pointe. Relax in a rocking chair with a glass of sweet tea and ocean views from the broad porch and you will see why this Inn received the 2017 Conde Nast Best Service Award and is featured as one of Southern Living Magazine's Great Inns of the South. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Elizabeth Pointe Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Pointe Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Elizabeth Pointe Amelia Island
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach