If you are looking for a quiet place to enjoy some R&R on the beach and some personalized attention then the Elizabeth Pointe Lodge is the place for you. This is a great place to celebrate a special occasion.
This quaint inn is reminiscent of something you might see on Nantucket and one of the best features is to sit back on one of their porch chairs and take in the spectacular ocean view. Manager Olivia and staff were welcoming and happy to accommodate your every need.
Although we did not have an ocean view room and opted for the less expensive Sunset Room, we could still hear the crashing waves and kept our windows open to let in some fresh air. Our room was nicely decorated and the beds were comfortable. Although the room had great natural light, I wish there had been better lighting - hard to iron clothes in small alcove with no lamp and would have preferred better lighting in bathroom for makeup purposes.
Complimentary Breakfast served was a nice array of fresh fruit, eggs, bacon and daily feature. Complimentary beer and wine and hors d'oeuvres served between 6 and 7 pm nightly was a great way to mingle and meet other guests, many of whom were return visitors. This certainly speaks volumes for EPL. A 24 hour light menu is available for a fee which is a plus for an Inn but I would only suggest only if you have no desire to venture out. We ordered Soup of the Day - French Onion and shared a Club Sandwich. Most Club Sandwiches I have ordered in restaurants are always huge but this was quite small in comparison and priced a little high. We also shared a slice of Snicker Cheesecake which also fell short in taste, size and price.
Overall our experience at EPL was delightful and we would definitely come back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elizabeth Pointe offers oceanfront relaxation with refined Southern hospitality. Wrap-around porches, beautifully decorated rooms, seaside dining at The Pointe Restaurant, 24/7 room service and staff to exceed your expectations will all be a part of your stay at Elizabeth Pointe. Relax in a rocking chair with a glass of sweet tea and ocean views from the broad porch and you will see why this Inn received the 2017 Conde Nast Best Service Award and is featured as one of Southern Living Magazine's Great Inns of the South. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Elizabeth Pointe Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Pointe Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Elizabeth Pointe Amelia Island
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach