“Have been staying here for over 15 years. Love this place!”

Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We first stayed here around 1996 for our second anniversary and we keep coming back. I stayed here in May by myself because I had to work in the area and I felt like I was home! No matter what you are coming here for this place is just amazing. We try and get an Oceanfront room and we open up the windows at night so we can hear the ocean. The breakfast is great,the views are great,the staff is attentive and very helpful and accommodating and the owners are very kind people.I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: An oceanfront room is well worth the extra fee but there is no bad room or view in the entire inn.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank michelle89064

Reviewed 25 October 2013

When we arrived at the lodge we discovered that the room that we booked was not the ocean view room that we wanted - our fault, not the lodge's. The staff worked with us and got us in a really nice beach front condo in another property that they own, about a half mile from the lodge. We had access to the lodge's amenities including breakfast, cookies and tea in the afternoon, and wine and cheese in the evening. Our stay was delightful. The lodge is beautiful and the staff very friendly and helpful. The next time we vacation at Amelia Island we know the name of the room that we want to book in the lodge.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I just finished another wonderful stay at the now famous Elizabeth Pointe Lodge. Yes, even while we love to travel and explore, there are those rare places you don't mind returning. I would say returning for the TWENTIETH time should tell someone who has not stayed at this wonderful lodge, that there must be something special. Well,there is. We don't need Conde Nast to tell us that. We already know! The location, the lodging, the food, the service and overall warmth of Elizabeth Pointe Lodge has not changed in over 12 years! That is why we return. We receive no rebates or extra perks. We just love the total package and that is hard to find these days. Special thanks go to Olivia Hoblit, Melanie and so many more who help make our stay so memorable. Please don't lose sight of the unique quality there. Oh yes,we are already looking forward to our 21st visit!

Room Tip: Try to pick a room away from the north side since there is a band that plays until ten o'clock e...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Budrock9
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Elizabeth Pointe Lodge for the first time this September. We stayed at another of their properties in 2012 which we loved (Katie's Light) but wanted to try EPL for obvious reasons. We stayed two nights in an Oceanview King and two nights in one of their suites right next door. Oh my gosh, both were wonderful but I really fell in love with the suite. The furnishings, bedding and decor are all first-class. Even though our suite, on the first floor didn't have a view of the ocean, we certainly could hear it and I loved the privacy as well as the flora and fauna just outside our room. The deck has very comfortable lounge furniture and the lush palms and tropical plants makes the room feel so private. Breakfast changes daily and offers a variety of fruits, hot food, juices and pastries. Besides the luxury surroundings and decor the staff makes their guests feel as they are the only ones on property. When I come back to Amelia Island, I will make sure I have a reservation at Elizabeth Pointe Lodge, even just for a weekend.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad room even sunset views offer privacy, roominess and quality furnis...
1  Thank ARubins
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I have stayed here several times, including our 15th and 20th anniversaries. We just love this place and love Fernandina Beach. On our last trip, we treated ourselves to the upstairs beachfront suite at the Ocean House next door - the best room they offer. It was fabulous, but you can't go wrong with any room in the main house, although we have only stayed on the beachfront side because if you're at the beach you should be able to see it. The breakfast each morning is a wonderful start to your day and it is so relaxing to sit on the porch in view of the ocean and read and relax. The staff is the best and always makes us feel welcome. The only negatives I can come up are that there is no swimming pool and it's too far from our home to stay there more often.

Room Tip: Any oceanfront room, and higher floors have best views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMSNM
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here last month and it was wonderful!
The staff bends over backward to make your stay comfortable. The breakfasts and happy hours were excellent, too! We'd love to return again and again....

1  Thank vgmillie
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and I went to EPL for our "babymoon" and it was just what we were looking for! The overall atmosphere is very relaxing, quiet and quaint. It's perfect for spending time together, refreshing and taking in the views.

There really isn't a reason to leave the Inn with the beach steps away and 3 meals a day at your disposal but, it's so close to the historic downtown that we made a few trips a day to try some of the restaurants and see a few sights.

You will have everything you need at Elizabeth Pointe Lodge; beach towels and chairs, games, snacks, bicycles, etc. You name it and they will do their best to get it for you. Best of all, the staff is informative, friendly and accommodating.

1  Thank Mol3344
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Re...
#7 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Elizabeth Pointe Lodge? Share your experiences!