Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Seaside Amelia Inn(Fernandina Beach)
View Hotel
Residence Inn Amelia Island(Fernandina Beach)
Beachside Motel(Fernandina Beach)
View Hotel
The Surf Beach Motel(Fernandina Beach)
View Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island(Fernandina Beach)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewstradewinds roomb bocean frontwrap around porchrocking chairsamelia islandevening wineoverlooking the beachsocial hourcookieshappy hourcocktail hourhors d'oeuvresback porchother guestssmall hotelthe main house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

DH and I stayed at Elizabeth Pointe while traveling through the south. We did some reading on where to stay, as we wanted a beach setting during this particular leg of our journey. The Lodge was attractive enough, although our room was a bit tight, and windows for viewing the shore were small. The hallways were extremely warm. My one real complaint was about the bathroom. There really wasn't anywhere to put toiletries. The shelves were filled with nice things, but in order to comfortably use the bathroom, a bit of shuffling was in order. There seemed to be plenty of room to put a shelf or small cabinet beside the sink to accommodate a traveler's belongings. The appetizers were very nice, plentiful, and tasty, and there were some nice selections for beer and wine. Breakfast was a bit above average. The access to the beach was adequate. The biggest problem, was that the beach lounges and chairs were terribly uncomfortable. Didn't last long out there. After showering, and getting ready for dinner, we asked for dining recommendations. A few were shared, but the number one restaurant in Amelia, wasn't offered as an option. I don't really know why, unless it was a bit pricey. Based on the rates for the rooms at the Lodge, I would think that the guests may have been able to afford it. Anyway, after looking online at some of the options that were offered, we chose a place on our own. We had considered a second night upon arrival, as we were not on a schedule, but opted to move on rather than stay. I understand that the Lodge is under new management, so certainly there is an adjustment period. That said, I'm not sure, at this point, if we will return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LarryandLoisLeisure
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Last month, I made my third visit (over three years) to the EPL. This is one of my favorite properties anywhere, for multiple reasons. The beachfront setting is lovely and relaxing, rooms comfortable, and there is a consistent emphasis on customer service. As well, an excellent breakfast is on offer and a limited - but good - menu is available at all times through the day and evening if you don't want to leave the Lodge. Combine that with the charming location of Fernandina Beach/Amelia Island and close proximity to the Jacksonville airport, and you've got all the ingredients for a restful stay at a special place.

I've described the rooms in the main building as comfortable and indeed they are; however, they are not particularly large and the bathrooms - while clean and well-appointed - are becoming just a bit dated. These comments are not in any way critical, but for those looking for "over the top" luxuries it's important to know that the emphasis at EPL is on comfort and cordiality in a lovely setting rather than the latest in every amenity.

So, if you want to shake off your cares, sit in a rocking chair on a wrap-around porch having coffee or cocktails while watching a school of dolphins skim by, and take restorative strolls along the beach, this is your place!

Room Tip: A beachfront room will allow for hearing the ocean!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank washpa
Reviewed 13 June 2014

A wonderful B and B, on the beach. Overlooking grassy dunes to the Atlantic. Comfy and shaded beach chairs/lounges. Excellent breakfasts, with home made blueberry muffins. And creamy Texas scrambled eggs. Comfortable beds, welcoming chocolates, fresh coffee Or lemonade and cookies valuable all day and friendly compliment,notary wine hour to start the evening..

Room Tip: Sunrise room looks out over the ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jim D, General Manager at Elizabeth Pointe Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience.

What a pleasure it is knowing that you enjoyed your visit to Elizabeth Pointe Lodge. Your comments are very gracious and I will be sure to share them with staff.

I do hope for the opportunity to welcome you again as our guests should your travels lead you back to beautiful Amelia Island.

Kindest Regards,

Jeremy Watson

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I spent only two short nights at Elizabeth Pointe Lodge. We did not want to leave. It was our anniversary and we wanted beach and relaxation. Well, we got much more. Upon arrival , a split of champagne to celebrate our anniversary,(my husband must have mentioned it when he made the reservation) A nice room, clean and the bed was divine. We could not get a ocean front room which was the only problem I had, we called late and they were full. However when we go back we will make reservations in advance and get that magnificent view. The complimentary breakfast was five star. I have been to many hotels, motels, & B&B's, such thought and care went into this. The staff, especially Luann, helped us with whatever we wanted or needed. Dinner reservations, Ice, Information and even a bandaid for my broken nail. And the happy hour was also very nice. I mean you cannot beat sitting on a rocker on a beautiful deck looking at the ocean having a glass of wine and horderves, again complimentary. I think for the price you get a little piece of heaven. This a.m I sat on the deck with my delicious coffee and complimentary newspaper, watching the waves . And then on to the really special breakfast. Let me add, yes a refrig would be great, and maybe a coffee machine. But we did not really miss it ,because everything was just a floor away. Elizabeth Pointe, I think you are doing great. We will be back again, for sure.

Room Tip: We did not have one, but I am thinking ocean front is the way to go,,
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jim D, General Manager at Elizabeth Pointe Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you fr taking the time to review Elizabeth Pointe Lodge.

It was sincerely our pleasure to have you as our guests and your review is appreciated.

I'm so pleased that you shared such a wonderful occasion with us and do hope for the opportunity to host you again during anniversaries to come.

Kindest Regards,

Jeremy Watson

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at Elizabeth Pointe for five nights as part of a vacation to celebrate my husband's special birthday and yes it was 'special'. We had a beautiful room with views of the gorgeous beach and ocean. Breakfast each day was delicious with lots of choice and 'Happy Hour, between 6 - 7pm is very enticing and a lovely way to relax on the porch before going for dinner. We found the majority of the staff very helpful and friendly. The owner gave us a lift to dinner one evening saving us the cab fare which was very kind and thoughtful. Some very small things which could be improved upon, hence the 'very good' score and not excellent are : the water as mentioned by others, a small bottle each night and not just one the first night would be a nice touch and considering the cost per night I don't think it is too much to ask; a small fridge in the rooms; a safe in the rooms; sufficient sun beds to accommodate all guests - as one day we could not get a seat on the beach until late afternoon. Our thanks to the owners and staff for making our trip memorable for all the right reasons.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the beach are a must.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple