“Great Beach Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Great Beach Hotel”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Great hotel on the beach. Perfect location just a short walk to Sandy Bottoms Beach Bar. They serve a very nice breakfast. Complimentary beach chairs, umbrellas, and towels. The rooms are charming. Love this hotel and will be back.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Reviewed 30 August 2014

The room is hot and the bed is loud. My sleep rating would be .5 star. The staff does not know how to change the ceiling fan speed and he was not interested in finding out. I will try to convince the person I am with to change hotels.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Sixeyes143
Florida
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This place never disappoints. Excellent staff. Beyond Wonderful location. Loved the porch and rocking chairs. We were in room 417 which faces the ocean. The room also has a rain forest shower - no tub. It was a true delight. I believe the room is slightly bigger than ..say the Sunset King..so if you really feel like you need that little bit of extra space..........otherwise we've stayed in the lower priced Sunset King and it was fine as well. If I had one problem it would be outlets.......not very many of them so if you are like me and have an iphone, an iPod and an iPad times two (my husband as well) then charging all these devices can be challenging. We managed but I had to unplug a lamp to do it. You will not go hungry at breakfast and we were told each morning that if we didn't like what we saw just speak up and they would try to accommodate our requests. Make sure you attend at least one happy hour/social hour. They put out about three types of beer and three types of wine along with a cold and hot appetizer. If you visit Amelia Island, please consider staying here. You won't be disappointed! My on regret is that I forgot to ask about getting the recipe for the orange blossom muffins!

2 Thank Sandra W
Georgetown, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed for the long Memorial Day weekend at Elizabeth Pointe Lodge with friends and enjoyed it immensely. We're huge fans of Nantucket, and the lodge really had that beachy, New England feel and charm. The rooms are beautiful. We did not have a beach view, but their back porch is stocked with rocking chairs and tables for anyone to enjoy the view. You are literally steps from the beach. Can't say enough about the breakfasts - each morning a full, warm buffet breakfast was spread out and something new was always on the menu, plus many other options. We really looked forward to it. Each afternoon, they have lemonade and cookies, and at least a couple of the nights we enjoyed a beer/wine & appetizer reception in the lobby. The hotel personnel are extremely friendly and helpful. I felt they were very guest-oriented. Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DLCote
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I traveled from Atlanta to this B&B for a quick weekend getaway. It was perfect, we stayed in a Sunset room and there was plenty of room with a nice large tub. There were quite a few little items that are provided that made our stay well worth the price. Every morning lounge chairs and umbrellas were set out on the beach for us to use and the breakfast was quite hardy. We will make plans to go again.

1 Thank AAH01
Cary,NC
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stay at the Elizabeth Pointe Lodge every month for business travel and consider it a real luxury of each trip. The staff is beyond accommodating - they genuinely care about the experience of each guest. I've met many wonderful vacationers there and consider myself very fortunate to stay on a regular basis!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Florida
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This lodge looks just like you expect it would. It's picture perfect and quaint and the staff was very friendly. I didn't give it 5 stars because we could hear every footstep of the people in the room above us. Next time we'd definitely request to be on a top floor. I also think I'd want to be in the main lodge instead of the ocean house. We were told our suite was larger than in the main house, but of the 4 rooms there, only one could see the ocean because the dunes are very high. I think it would have felt more authentic to be in the main inn.

3 Thank FloridaGatortravels
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#11 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Elizabeth Pointe Lodge? Share your experiences!