My wife and I stayed at the Elizabeth Point Lodge at the end of June, 2010 for 4 nights. I don't want to make my review seem too negative, but the other reviews (which lead us to this location) are way too generous.
The negatives: This place is honestly best for the AARP crowd. We saw a few guests under 40, but most were over 60. The room AC unit was vintage Motel-6. When it came on, which was frequently, it completely drowned out the TV and was so loud that it kept my wife awake some nights. Room ocean "views" are through small windows with screens. The pictures posted on their website make the facilities out to be much nicer and newer than they really are. Breakfast is buffet-style, and adequate but not exceptional by any means. Very limited sandwich/lunch capability.
The positives: It's right on the beach, and they provide beach chairs and umbrellas. The staff asks you if you need anything, (although sometimes more sincerely than others) and will make you dining reservations if requested.
If you like the smaller, inn-type places on the beach, try Henderson Park Inn in Destin. I can't tell you how much nicer it is than the Elizabeth Point Lodge. There is just no comparison.
We won't be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elizabeth Pointe offers oceanfront relaxation with refined Southern hospitality. Wrap-around porches, beautifully decorated rooms, seaside dining at The Pointe Restaurant, 24/7 room service and staff to exceed your expectations will all be a part of your stay at Elizabeth Pointe. Relax in a rocking chair with a glass of sweet tea and ocean views from the broad porch and you will see why this Inn received the 2017 Conde Nast Best Service Award and is featured as one of Southern Living Magazine's Great Inns of the South. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Elizabeth Pointe Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Pointe Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Elizabeth Pointe Amelia Island
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach