We were looking for a place to get away and relax for our 20th wedding anniversary. We decided to pick a place on the ocean, and we wanted it right on the ocean, no road to cross to get to the beach. We couldn't have picked a better place to just relax and enjoy seeing the ocean for the first time! The B&B was so wonderful, the staff very accommodating, great breakfast and the view was priceless! We traveled around Amelia Island a little every day (very small town atmosphere) to check out the historic downtown (which is only a mile or 2 down the street) but were always anxious to get back to our "home" on the beach. We enjoyed the lemonade, ice water, homemade cookies & coffee that was available at all hours of the day/night on the main floor, as well as the social hr in the evenings with wine & snacks. In the evenings, we'd take a short drive downtown and have some of the fresh, locally caught shrimp. It's so easy to get a good night sleep with the windows open and the ocean waves lulling you to sleep. One other post mentioned "AARP crowd". This was a place for couples of all ages, as we're in our early 40s, and there were 2 other couples in their 20s, 1 in their 30s, 3 or 4 in their 50s. No kids, however, and that's fine with us, as we love our 4 kids, but this was a getaway for US! There's no pool, but we swam in the ocean. No fitness room, so we walked up and down the beaches. We stayed in the ocean view room, w/jacuzzi tub in the main house on the 4th floor (you can use elevator or stairs) and it was perfect for us. Very relaxing trip and we'd highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elizabeth Pointe offers oceanfront relaxation with refined Southern hospitality. Wrap-around porches, beautifully decorated rooms, seaside dining at The Pointe Restaurant, 24/7 room service and staff to exceed your expectations will all be a part of your stay at Elizabeth Pointe. Relax in a rocking chair with a glass of sweet tea and ocean views from the broad porch and you will see why this Inn received the 2017 Conde Nast Best Service Award and is featured as one of Southern Living Magazine's Great Inns of the South. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Elizabeth Pointe Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Pointe Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Elizabeth Pointe Amelia Island
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach