“As great as everyone says”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fernandina Beach
The Addison on Amelia Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 May 2012

All the other reviews have pretty much covered it, so I'll keep this short. My husband and I stayed for three nights in late April, and everything was perfect. The room (#10) was spotless and lovely, the bed was incredibly comfortable, and the bathtub was the biggest I've ever seen. Breakfast and happy hour are not to be missed; the food and Bob's dry wit are equally great. The Addison's location is excellent—I was amazed by the variety and caliber of restaurants within walking distance, and there's plenty of shopping and sightseeing nearby as well.

I highly recommend the Addison on Amelia Island. The owners obviously love what they do and where they do it, and their passion is evident in every detail of this charming B&B.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed 3 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Addison on Amelia for three nights at the start of March 2012, we had eloped and the owner of the B&B, Bob married us in their beautiful courtyard. The room was so comfortable, beautiful and peaceful, the food every morning for breakfast was beyond our expectations, and the ambiance of this amazing home away from home was beyond compare. The happy hour was fantastic, its like visiting your favorite uncles house that has a great bar! The other guests here were a wonderful eclectic mix of people, couples, and friends alike. our only gripe, was that we had to leave so soon. Anything we needed help with, the owners helped us, from where to have dinner and even where to file the all important paperwork! I am looking forward to our next stay, maybe for our anniversary or a romantic and relaxing weekend.. or any reason I can think of!

**Also, the restaurants that were suggested to us were gorgeous too, I think its great that they support other business and the local economy**

Room Tip: We were in room 10, and it is divine!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2012

The Addison is perfectly situated on a quiet street close to all the great shops, restaurants, and marina Fernandino Beach has to offer (5-10 min walk max!). The 3 buildings create a private courtyard in the middle. Breakfasts are at least 2 or more courses and you never leave hungry! Happy hour is every night and Bob keeps you glass full until you say stop. Coffee, cookies, soda, water, and snacks available 24/7. Bob and Shannon (innkeepers) are great- helpful and yet give you your space. About 1.5 miles to the beach- we had a car, but you can easily use their bikes to get there. Fernandino Beach is the north end of Amelia Island and is the antithesis of a Florida resort- beautiful neighborhood with most buildings from the 1870's. Great, kid-free getaway. People staying there were everyone from honeymooners to retired couples so no one felt out of place.

Room Tip: choose a room whose balcony faces inward towards the courtyard/fountain.
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Only stay here if you want a beautiful room, terrific time and wonderful service! Bob and his wife and his daughter provide morning breakfast of sumptuous fruits and home made dishes and an afternoon happy hour mingling on their covered veranda adorned by a courtyard full of luscious foliage with complimentary wine, beer, and some "made from their kitchen" treat. They are courteous,kind and devoted to their guests. The location is superb as you walk a few blocks to all restaurants, shopping and waterfront activities Amelia has to offer. The rooms are beautifully decorated, spacious and spotless.
Keep the humus and pita wedges warm...... we will return soon for happy hour!
Madison and Terri

Reviewed 30 April 2012

My wife and I spent our 4 year anniversary here and it couldn't of been any better. The Addision is in a great location within walking distance to the downtown restaurant and bars. The breakfast is a reason to rise and shine, even after a few of the late nights.

Excellent service, great accomodations, friendly smiles, and Bob will steer you in the right direction. An awesome B & B, we will definitely be back!!!

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I wanted to take my wife to a memorable spot while I attended the Amelia Island car show and the Addison was so much more than I expected. Their hospitality, the food, the location, the rooms were so much more than I could have hoped for. The main house has older rooms and there are rooms added on that have the look of being original to the house, but they are quiet, clean and modern. No question, my wife and I will return again to The Addison. My only advice about The Addison is, book early, it will fill up.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking into the court yard.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2012

What a fabulous find! A truly inviting place with innkeepers that make you feel right at home. Happy hour was filled with delicious apps and drinks and lots of laughs with other guests. Breakfast was our favorite part. Gourmet all the way...a surprise we looked forward to every morning. Shannon and Bob, thanks for making our getaway absolutely perfect!

Room Tip: Choose one of the bigger rooms. We opted for a small one and would have preferred a bit more space...