We think we have been to the Amelia Island Williams House 21 times; our first year was either 1994 or 1995. We have been visiting all those years for the Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival, a wonderful food festival that includes a pirate invasion, fireworks, live music, pubs, wonderful restaurants, and an amazing first class juried art show. At the top of our experience list is the Amelia Island Williams House! Byron and Deborah McCutchen, Innkeepers, have become like family. Each year when we visit, it seems as though we were only there the previous week. They are relaxed, laid back, welcoming, and accommodating. All we need to do is ask and we have whatever we need. Breakfasts are wonderful, always including fruits and juices, fresh breads, and wonderful entrees that incorporate a variety of savory/sweet ingredients. We have never been disappointed. This year was especially poignant for me, as I lost my husband on Valentine's Day. It was a bittersweet trip, and Byron and Deborah were sensitive to my feelings--they had known CT for 20 years as well!! I made my reservations for next year when I checked out. There is no more elegant, beautifully decorated, convenient, welcoming inn on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Williams House Inn has something to offer those couples seeking romantic Amelia Island getaways, pampering and rejuvenation, or respite from the distractions of everyday life amid our live oaks dripping with Spanish moss and wide verandas with porch swing. Rejuvenate yourself or your relationship at the Williams House bed and breakfast inn. Take a deep breath of history exploring by foot, bicycle, horse drawn carriage or trolley, all the treasures of the island. Soak up the sun on our wide sandy beaches. Our award winning Amelia Island bed and breakfast offers eleven distinctive guest rooms, ten with private baths in the Inn, Hearthstone House, and Carriage House, each celebrating the rich history of Amelia Island. We serve a two course gourmet breakfast each morning that will satisfy any taste. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Amelia Island Williams House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amelia Island Williams House Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Amelia Island Williams House Fernandina Beach