“Perfect Anniversary Escape”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Live Oak, Florida, United States
“Perfect Anniversary Escape”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our anniversary weekend at the Williams House. It was peaceful, relaxing & beautiful. It was the perfect distance from all the shops to enjoy a walk downtown. We felt right at home during breakfast & enjoyed chatting with the owners & other guests over a delicious breakfast.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Fleming Island, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Williams House! The house is quaint, nicely decorated, and kept very clean! Byron and Deborah were gracious and friendly hosts; and gave us many good suggestions for dining and things to do. Breakfasts were delicious!! Location is great!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Headland, Alabama
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My sister and I do an annual sisters get-away... We discovered the Williams House this year and were there for 4 days! We LOVED LOVED LOVED it and have decided this will be our annual spot! Deborah and Byron were excellent hosts! They were so friendly and welcoming! We left feeling like we had new family members! The food was fantastic, the room was clean and beautiful. They always had helpful tips on how to plan our day!!
We can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Sunrise, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I were here 5 years ago and loved it, so we decided this year to take my sister-in-law for a week of fun. we love the owners, Deborah and Byron. They are very hospitable and have that down home country charm.

Room Tip: Check online at the Ameliaislandwilliamshouse.com. There you will find all the information about the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank irishman55j
Umatilla, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Williams House is a beautiful historic home in a great location, near the downtown and a short drive to the beach. Byron and Deborah are gracious hosts and the breakfast is fabulous. The rooms are charmingly decorated and comfortable. Excellent place to visit

1 Thank sporadictraveler2014
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We chose to book with Williams House because of the great reviews and I am very glad we did!

All communication with Byron and Deborah prior to our stay was excellent (both phone and email). When I originally booked our trip, the room I requested was not available so I was given the same rate on an upgraded room. Then, we ended up having to call out of our reservation on short notice because my husband had an unexpected work-related trip come up. They were able to hold our deposit and let us reschedule our trip at a later date. I was really grateful that they were so understanding of our circumstances and made every effort to accommodate us.

We arrived for check-in at the same time as a few other guests. I could tell that things were busy, but we were still greeted warmly at the door and welcomed in. Every party was given individual attention as they checked us in and gave us a thorough run-down of how things work and showed us to our room. We had fresh flowers, bottles of water, and a plate of cookies waiting for us in our room. Everything we could need was there, including cotton swabs, hair dryer, plush bath robes, iron, beach towels and plenty of clean bath towels, soaps, ice and more bottles or water, tea, coffee, etc. They had a whole binder full of useful information and Deborah gave us a list of her personal restaurant recommendations. There was even a basket of free toiletries at check-in in case you forgot anything (sunscreen, toothbrushes, etc.) There were very nice bikes available to ride, free wifi that worked well for us, and they even loaned us a beach umbrella. They really thought of everything and were always available and happy to help with anything.

Deborah made sure to check with us about food preferences and allergies. They serve beautiful and delicious two-course breakfasts that alternate between savory and sweet. I love that they always served fruit on the first course and it was always fresh. Breakfast is served in the main dining area, family style, so you get to socialize with other guests and find out what they are planning for the day. I also love that it starts at 9am, because I am not an early riser when I'm on vacation. And we were really impressed that when we returned to our room from breakfast, everything had been turned and refreshed back to new! Then, from 5-6pm, they have a wine and appetizer social hour. You get a choice of red or white wine and fresh fruit or cheese and crackers. It's a great opportunity to get advice on good dinner destinations.

The entire property was lovely. Deborah and Byron really do a great job of keeping it up and accommodating their guests. You have to remember that these buildings were built in the 1800s, so of course there is history and age to things, but they still have all the modern updates you could want and everything is clean and beautiful. Deborah is just the sweetest and most pleasant person you could hope to meet and Byron was always there for friendly conversation and working hard to keep things running and make sure the guests were happy. I have stayed at other BNBs, but this one was especially nice and the service was unbeatable.

Other than that, we loved the area. The house is within walking distance or a short drive to downtown where they have all sorts of restaurants and shops and pubs. The beach is only a mile in the other direction. All of the locals and other visitors were very friendly. The place had so much charm and character. Usually we would go to St. Augustine, but I think now Amelia Island is our new favorite historic city on that coast. And we definitely look forward to our next trip to Amelia Williams House!

Room Tip: We loved the Southern Memories room for it's spaciousness, jetted two-person tub, and private ac...
1 Thank verysoon
Glennville, Georgia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at Williams House. It was a perfect getaway for our 25th anniversary. Byron and Deborah were great hosts and breakfast was simply delicious. I would recommend the Williams House to anyone looking to share some special time with their spouse.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
#1 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,387 reviews
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,413 reviews
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Re...
#7 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,681 reviews

Been to Amelia Island Williams House? Share your experiences!