“First B&B Experience - surpassed our expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairbanks House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fernandina Beach
Fairbanks House
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Orlando, Florida
“First B&B Experience - surpassed our expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

My wife and I stayed in one of The Fairbanks House's private cottages for our honeymoon. Neither of us had been to a bed and breakfast before, nor to Amelia Island. Let me tell you - you will NOT regret your decision to stay at The Fairbanks House.

The owners, Bill & Theresa, are the nicest, most welcoming couple ever. They obviously love what they do, and because of that they do it very well. The Fairbanks House has 12 unique rooms (including a couple cottages which are more private but still give you all of the nice amenities of a B&B). Bill & Theresa serve fancy breakfasts every morning from 8-9:30 for their guests, and most of the meals my wife and I had there were creative recipes they came up with over the years. All of the food was delicious - and definitely helped us wake up earlier!

In addition, there is a social hour from 5-6 every evening with complementary wine and hor d'oeuvres hosted by the owners. This is a great chance to meet other couples, have a drink, and hangout before heading to dinner. For us, one night Theresa even arranged a romantic carriage tour through town that picked us up at the end of social hour and dropped us off at our dinner reservation.

Bill and Theresa will do everything they can to make your stay the most enjoyable and memorable trip. Theresa was extremely helpful from my first phone call/email - she gave suggestions for things to do and see on Amelia Island, she told me which things I should have a reservation for, she actually made many reservations for me, and she inquired about special dietary needs (and made me special breakfast meals to accommodate my allergy). While there, they would make sure we were enjoying our stay and helped us plan places to visit, and even let us borrow jackets when it got cold.

Amelia Island is a beautiful, quiet place to visit with such a variety of things to do and see. My wife and I had an amazing time on Amelia Island during our stay at the Fairbanks House. We highly recommend it. Everything about the Fairbanks House was wonderful. The option to stay in a cottage, or a room with a private outside entrance, is a nice alternative for some people - especially people who have never stayed at a bed and breakfast before (like us) and do not exactly know what to expect.

In conclusion, you should jump at the opportunity to stay at the Fairbanks House, whether it be for a single night or for a week or more. For us, staying at the Fairbanks House on Amelia Island made our trip an unforgettable one. It was located in such a quiet, beautiful part of town and really made our trip special. The Fairbanks House is an amazing place to have a romantic getaway from the busyness of life. We are already planning a return trip!!

Room Tip: Call Fairbanks House to ask about their rooms - they are all so unique, the owners will help you pic...
2 Thank Andrew W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

When my husband and I decided to elope, I made some initial calls to other B&B's in the area to see which was a better fit for us. As pretty as other locations were, my attention kept going back to the Fairbanks House so I reached out and I am glad I did. Theresa was absolutely fantastic to deal with and the elopement package was def. worth it! She handled all the details for us and made sure our day was not only special but romantic as well. From the moment you walk in you are greeted with a big smile and a warm welcome, enough to put you at ease and relaxed when you are a guest in someone else's home. There is no doubt in my mind that Theresa and Bill absolutely love what they do and we can't wait to be back.

Room Tip: Kitchen suite is amazing! Private porch and private entrance. Beekind products used in the rooms a...
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Goodness! After reading some of the other reviews, how could we add anything more than what has already been expressed about the wonderful Fairbanks House and it's owners' Theresa and Bill Hamilton! Ok, well we'll try! Our elopement was beyond perfect! Theresa is a master at every detail imaginable and unbelievably talented. We didn't have to worry about a thing. From the moment we met her we felt at ease. Words cannot express the gratitude and thankfulness that we feel toward Theresa and Bill! Not only was the wedding perfect, but so was the dinner, and their thoughtfulness to our special evening, was "fantastic". As far as, Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach, it was so fun exploring the beautiful island and learning of it's history as well. We will definitely be back! Theresa and Bill are definitely top notch! They have definitely found their "calling"!!!
Bill and Theresa,
Thanks for everything!
:) Joe and Debra Brett

Green Features: Loved how there was recycled products to use and a recycle bin in your room.
1 Thank Debra B
Marblehead, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

My husband and I needed a place to stay for one night on a trip from North Carolina to Florida and chose the Fairbanks House based on reviews from TripAdviser. It was an excellent choice! Theresa greeted us, gave us some wine, and some suggestions for dinner - Le Clos (perfect!). Breakfast was delicious! Great discussion with Bill during breakfast. We would definitely go back!!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Simply lots of fun. This is a fabulous old home within easy walking distance of historic downtown Fernandina Beach. Lots of good restaurants and shopping. We tend to look for places close to everything so we can walk to dinner. The innkeepers are some of the best I have ever encountered and their enjoyment in running their house and dealing with their guests really adds to the experience. Have stayed in quite a few B&B's over the years and these guys are really good. Spent 4 nights staying in one of the cottages. Had originally booked for 3 nights and extended for the 4th night just because it was so special. Really enjoyed the afternoon cocktail hour. Our hosts are amazing at making everyone feel welcome and they get everyone talking to everyone else. There are no strangers here. Laughter is contagious and folks have a good time here.

Room Tip: The cottage had a separate bed room and living room. Several of the rooms in the main house are als...
Palmetto, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

My Husband and I are so amazed at how Theresa & Bill took care of everything for us.... We didn't have to think about all of the details. Theresa had it all covered... it could not have went any better. It was more than we had thought it would be. We are so very happy we went to the Fairbanks house for our special day. The Fairbanks House is soooo beautiful, we loved all of the details in this house. The beds was very comfortable. We hand an awesome experience, and will return. Thank you Theresa & Bill for all that you did for us. Darlene & Richard

Room Tip: We had the Kitchen suite near the pool, it was an awesome room that overlooked the beautiful pool.
pompano beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

It started as a sort say because of funds, work and other arrangements. We also planned to get the elopement package as well. In all the location was amazing very clean and historical along with an unbelievable amount of hospitality. The term give the shirt off you back applies but it was 30 degrees and we where given there jacket as we did not plan for the weather. We put our wedding of 2 in Theresa and Bills hands and it was amazing we couldn't ask for more and for the price I don't know how they did such an amazing job. I could go on forever talking about how great an experienced this was for us we will return as much as possible and I suggest that anyone looking for a getaway go here!

To Theresa and Bill thank you so much for everything.

Cara and C.J. Bigger