“Carefree getaway in a beautiful location”

Residence Inn Amelia Island
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 18 August 2012

This hotel is worth every penny . The breakfast is super with cereal, eggs, waffles, fruit, bagels, grits and other choices plus the best coffee. The suites are clean and roomy, very comfortable even for four people. We had 2 couples stay in one suite and we had no issues.
The hotel is so close to the beach it is the perfect morning or evening walk. The gym is very nice as well. The machine have a TV attached and headphone that allow you to exercise to a desired volume. Also a very nice clean pool and spa is available as is free Wi-Fi and free parking.
I stayed here twice in a month once sand plan to return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lavonia V
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Amelia Island

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel for both business and pleasure. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel that is walking distance to the beach, is fresh and clean, and has the friendliest and most helpful staff. Cleanliness was very important for me because my one year old is very active and likes to touch everything. I loved the closeness to the beach so my family could walk to beach while i had to get some work done. Th full breakfast with probably one of the biggest selection I have seen was awesome especially since i stayed the entire week and like variety, and the evening reception was great for winding down at the end of the day. I stay at the hotels a lot and I have nothing but great words for this location. I was very pleased with my stay and will definitely return again next year.

1  Thank tibu222
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My husband and I live in Tampa, FL and were on our way up north; when we got close to the Florida border we decided to investigate Amelia Island. We just happen to come across the Residence Inn and fortunately they had a room available. The person at the front desk could not be any nicer, the room was perfect. We walked a block to the Atlantic Ocean and had dinner at the restaurant the front desk recommended and it was great. We walked along the beach and just can' t tell you how pleased we were. We plan to go back for a long week-end and have spoken to the family about maybe all of us going to Amelia Island and staying at the Residence Inn . We highly recommend this hotel!!!

2  Thank Lesley T
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This is our second visit to the Residence Inn. Last summer we stayed a week, and this year we made it a little longer-still not long enough! We had a two bedroom with two adults, two teens and two dogs, and we were very comfortable. We heard no noise from other guests and the rooms, lobby and common areas were immaculate. The hotel was full but the pool was never too crowded, and the hot tub was great. Breakfast was tasty and filling and saved us a lot of time and money. We recognized many of the hotel staff from last year, including an engineering employee who served as our birding and wildlife expert both years. The grounds are lovely and we saw osprey, water turtles, and an alligator (behind a fence!) hanging out in the greenspace adjacent to the inn. Very close to the beach and good food nearby. Can't wait to return!

2  Thank Stacie G
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I scheduled a business conference like I have done many times in the past
and at many different areas in and around the Jacksonville area.  To my
surprise, the management at the Residents Inn of Amelia Island was unlike
any other I have encountered in 25 plus years.  Their attitudes,
professionalism and sense of service before self was remarkable, although I
have seen that in many places it tends to change after you have paid for the
services but not here.  From the first visit to the last day you were
treated like royalty and there was just not enough they could do for you.
If you have never witnessed true southern hospitality, I recommend booking a
trip, conference or vacation to this little piece of heaven.

Ted K.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ted K
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Ive been going to Amelia island for the last 3 yrs and this was my first time staying here. It was fantastic! reasonably priced, wonderful crew and fantastic facilities. The best part was that it was pet friendly but it didn't compromise comfort or quality. Btw the walk to the beach was nothing , five minutes top. Honestly i can not wait to go back...i can't say enough great things!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Denise A
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I spent about 40 years traveling for a living and have stayed in every level of hotel. This place got it all pretty much right. The physical facitities are very nice, with the room spotless. The staff, from the desk clerk to an individual working on the grounds shrubs, I talked to, were courteous, friendly, and exhibited an attitude that said they really cared.

Room Tip: Corner suite on higher floor was quiet and pleasant.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Residence Inn Amelia Island? Share your experiences!