“Great getaway”

Residence Inn Amelia Island
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
“Great getaway”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Really enjoyed this hotel, the staff were all so kind. The room was nice, clean and we saved some money cooking in the kitchen. The breakfast was truly a great, big breakfast and there was a bonus dinner one night. I liked the pool and hot tub area and the fire outside at night. Only downside was we could sometime hear a dig barking in a room nearby. It wasn't too horrible, but a little annoying. A nice bonus would be if they gave out loaner beach towels and umbrellas. They did offer us chairs!

• Stayed June 2013
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel!

I'm glad to hear that you had a great stay! It sounds like you were able to make one of our evening socials :) True to Residence Inn form, we hold 2-3, sometimes even 4 evening socials per week! Our hotel usually features a Manager's Toast with an array of cheese and hors d'oeuvres, a Cookout with hamburgers and hotdogs and all the sides, a Nacho Night, and often Saturday afternoon cookouts as well - all with complimentary beer, wine, and soda. However I'm glad that you were able to use the suite's kitchen as well!

We hope to see you again soon, and safe travels!
Casey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We couldn't get into the swank hotel we wanted and "settled" for this. Boy, are we glad we did. It was clean, comfortable and a great place to stay. Pool area was lovely. Because of the nearby beach it was never full. Beach was a 5 minute walk away. By being in the middle of the island we were 7 minutes from the restaurant life of Fernandina Beach and 2 minutes from shopping. Frankly, we lucked out. We'll go back ..again and again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
I'm glad to hear we were able to surpass expectations! You nailed it about our location - the island is 13 miles north-south and about 2 miles wide, and we are right in the middle of it! Were you able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle?

Next time you visit, you might try out Egans Creek Greenway! It's part of the Great Florida Birding Trail, and one of its entrances is right on our property. It's bike friendly and teeming with wildlife.

We'll see you next time, and safe travels!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I have been down in the Jacksonville are for a few days and staying at various places. This place is EXCELLENT, the very best. Very clean, modern. A nature path is right at the parking lot!! Nice poo larea. Good breakfast, Lovely quiet beach a short walk or drive away. The staff goes of of the way to please. Loved it.

Room Tip: Just ask, that's all I did and the actually looked up a map of rooms to find me the best!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your glowing reviews!

I love hearing that our amenities met your needs! Sounds like you explored Egans Creek Greenway - that is a COOL little path. Have you been able to check out Fort Clinch yet? Fort Clinch has some great nature/bike paths as well.

Thanks again for taking the time to review us, and we'll see you next time!
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

We loved this hotel! Every staff member went above and beyond. Marriott is quickly becoming my favorite hotel chain. They obviously train their staff very well!

Natalie at the front desk was great. Charlene(?) was helpful as well. Mallory was very helpful in showing me beach accesses. I like the open and inviting front desk area. Very personable.

A party was winding down around the fire put area but we were assured that it was no problem to go out in the area and use the large swimming pool and hot tub.

Our room was 2 bed 2 bath. Perfect for us! The suite was spotless and roomy. We had plenty of towels. King sized beds. Tasteful decor. Large refrigerator and nice kitchen area. The shower had good water pressure. (The water smelled a bit odd.) We faced the back of the hotel & it was quiet.

Breakfast was very good. There were many choices and a lot of good hot items. This hotel is very clean and staff are ever present to help. The breakfast attendant kept everything stocked and clean.

I wish we had more than one night here. We will return!!! A+++

• Stayed June 2013
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thank you for your glowing reviews of our hotel! We are so proud to have represented the Marriott brand well.

I have let Natalie, Charlene, and Mallory each know about your compliments and they are flattered! It brightened their day and I'm glad you found the front desk to be welcoming. I have to say, I appreciate the low setting of the front desk for the same reason - open and inviting, easy to speak with the front desk agents.

I'm also happy to see that our accommodations met your needs! I have passed your compliments on to the appropriate department managers and I know they appreciate your feedback.

Thank you so much again - next time you visit, I recommend taking a look at our packages! You mentioned beach accesses so you may be interested in our Let's Beach It! pacakge :)

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Even though my parents live 5 minutes from here, we've stayed here twice and really enjoyed it. Great location, walk to beach and some restaurants, or a short drive to historic downtown, Fort Clinch, or the south end/Plantation. Publix and Walgreens 2 minutes away. Rooms are large and spotless. Nice lighting and decor. Pool and fire pit also very nice. Breakfast is great. Impressive for the price. We always recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel!

I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that our accommodations met your needs. It looks like location is important to you - that's one of the first things I look for in a vacation too, and our location (right in the middle of the island) is a big plus, especially for guests staying with us for a few days at a time.

Thank you so much for your recommendations to your friends and family, and come back to see us soon! Were you able to explore Egans Creek Greenway and Old Town?

We'll see you next time and safe travels,
Hugo, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I walk into my room and I had a king suite with a kitchen, large flat screen tv, and a cozy decorative room. The hotel had a nature path, bike rentals, a free shuttle, and a nice location close to the beach. I really enjoyed my stay here and I would come back to this hotel in a heartbeat. Also, breakfast was included! The only thing that I would suggest is for this room to have an in-room safe.

Room Tip: The higher up the better.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

I’m so glad you were pleasantly surprised with our accommodations and that they met your needs. It looks like you were able to explore Egans Creek Greenway! It’s part of the Great Florida Birding Trail and our staff and guests have seen all sorts of wildlife, including deer, otters, badgers, turtles, distant alligators, and more! Although the suites do not have safes, we do offer safety deposit boxes free of charge at the front desk, if that would help, for next time.

I hope you’re able to visit again soon! Have you heard about Amelia Island’s Great Southern Tailgate Cook-Off in August? :)

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Overall the hotel was very nice. We enjoyed our stay.

Pro's:
1. Nice spacious rooms with kitchen. The kitchen was a great thing to have, especially for keeping cold food to bring to the beach.
2. Friendly staff.
3. Nice breakfast in the morning, in a nice dining area.
4. Decent fitness facilities.
5. Clean and well maintained.
6. Resort shuttle takes you anywhere on the island!

Con's:
1. Our room was near the pool/hot tub. It was around 3am when everyone at the pool wound down and went to bed. Loud music, and drunk people. I don't think this would be a problem in different areas of the hotel. My tip is to get a room that is not near the pool/hot tub if you can, or bring ear plugs.

2. The pool area is basically a gated pool in the parking lot.

3. Overall when staying near the ocean, I think it's better to stay beach front, however this is much less expensive, and it's fairly easy to get to the beach.

Room Tip: Pick a room that is not near the hot tub/pool. Bring your own bottled water.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel!

I am glad that the pros outweighed the cons (I am a fan of bullets, too). My GM has seen the comment about the pool noise and has emailed our night staff to remind them of pool hours so that we can avoid those situations in the future. Our pool is only open until 10pm, so thanks to your review, I’m sure we will take more actions to keep with those hours so that our sleepy guests can rest comfortably.

We hope to have you again soon and safe travels,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Residence Inn Amelia Island? Share your experiences!