Booked a 3 nite stay at this facility and have mixed response to our experience. It's large for the location, centrally situated near a very nice stretch of beach, and has friendly staff. Our room was somewhat smallish, comfortable, and showed some signs of wear. Breakfast selections were very good and there was excellent servicing during the meal. We were delighted with the (unexpected) "party" with entertainment on the evening of November 1st.
There were 2 issues, however. The first was room price. I booked a reservation a substantial time in advance on the hotel website, and discovered, to my dismay, that an identical reservation made the week of our visit cost about $70 less than the one made earlier. I re-booked at the reduced rate, and cancelled the original reservation.
The second issue was room assignment. I had requested a room on a high floor in order to minimize noise. While checking in, the gentleman who assisted us commented that because of our membership in the Marriott Rewards program, that we were eligible for a room upgrade. He told us he had in fact upgraded our room, and that the room assigned to us was the better location. We were dismayed to find that this "upgrade" was on the second floor, next to the elevator, and had a wonderful view of the hotel HVAC system and noting else.
I do understand that there are better, and less desirable, rooms in any facility but I do NOT appreciate being taken for a fool. If, as a customer with some degree of loyalty, you market the exact room I booked at a better rate than the one you quoted me, I would expect that you would honor this rate for me, too, without any effort on my part. If you are assigning me the worst room in the hotel, I do not expect to be told it is "upgraded". I have received far more accommodating and pleasing treatment at far less sophisticated locations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thrive on long stays at the Residence Inn Amelia Island. Our Amelia Island hotel offers a welcoming, comfortable environment, with spacious, newly renovated accommodations and everything you need for a great stay in Florida. Settle in to your newly refreshed studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom suite, and enjoy perks like free wireless Internet and a 37-inch flat-screen TV. A full kitchen allows you to prepare a meal or a snack any time you want it. Take advantage of the hotel's complimentary island shuttle that is on call to pick you up and drop you off anywhere on Amelia Island from 9AM-9PM daily. Start your morning with a free hot breakfast, or spend some time at our outdoor pool and soak up the Florida sun. Additional hotel amenities include a fire pit, putting green, and fitness center. And let's not forget our location - just two blocks from the beach, and a short distance from the attractions of downtown Amelia Island. Whether you're in Florida for business or pleasure, the Residence Inn Amelia Island will make your visit memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Fernandina Beach