“The positive reviews are all true”

Residence Inn Amelia Island
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed here for three days and couldn't have been happier with this hotel. We had a king studio and it was spacious, very clean and nicely decorated. The full kitchen is really nice to have. The free breakfast was excellent with lots of choices including hot foods. The staff was always friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the hot tub and fire pit on the chilly nights we were there. One night, they even had an appetizer bar for guests with cheeses, dips, beer and wine. Lots of nice touches at this hotel that sets it apart from most others! Would love to come back and stay.

1  Thank Jen S
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel! We appreciate your feedback and are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We'd love to have you again soon, and safe travels,
Casey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,480)

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife and I went down to Jacksonville for the Georgia / Florida Football Game and stayed the Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island which is located on the outskirts of Fernandina Beach. This hotel is on a couple of blocks from the beach and is in a central location. This is our third year staying at this hotel and we LOVE IT. The hotel and staff are GREAT. As usual, we had a WONDERFUL time + Georgia WON !! Go DAWGS!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a lower floor near one of the "ends" of the building. Stairs and con...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BB B

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel!! So good to see that you had a great time. Although I'm a Gator girl, I appreciate happy guests, so if that's what it takes... nahhh I'm still a Gator girl! We'll get you next year!

Safe travels and hope to see you again for a 4th year in 2014,

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My first residence inn and I will be back. Great service. Very attentive front staff. Upgraded easily. The room was very large and clean. The pool was nice. Breakfast was large and tasty. Close to the historic town and the parks. Will be back.

Room Tip: 529 room is quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your time and feedback, we are so glad you had a great time!

Come join us again anytime.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stay at 5 or 7 RI properties a year for the last 10 years across the country. Few get an excellent review. They really nailed this as a destination hotel. Has a large and comfortable almost resort feel to it. Very modern, clean and well kept. Staff was pleasant, helpful, and professional. Not a bad walk to a good beach area; close dive to another and Clinch Park.

Breakfast was hot, fresh as well as well attended.

Hats off to the GM and staff.

2  Thank travelswithjh

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review our hotel!

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Compliments from a well-traveled guest like yourself really means a lot to us!

We hope to have you again soon, and safe travels,

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Booked a 3 nite stay at this facility and have mixed response to our experience. It's large for the location, centrally situated near a very nice stretch of beach, and has friendly staff. Our room was somewhat smallish, comfortable, and showed some signs of wear. Breakfast selections were very good and there was excellent servicing during the meal. We were delighted with the (unexpected) "party" with entertainment on the evening of November 1st.

There were 2 issues, however. The first was room price. I booked a reservation a substantial time in advance on the hotel website, and discovered, to my dismay, that an identical reservation made the week of our visit cost about $70 less than the one made earlier. I re-booked at the reduced rate, and cancelled the original reservation.

The second issue was room assignment. I had requested a room on a high floor in order to minimize noise. While checking in, the gentleman who assisted us commented that because of our membership in the Marriott Rewards program, that we were eligible for a room upgrade. He told us he had in fact upgraded our room, and that the room assigned to us was the better location. We were dismayed to find that this "upgrade" was on the second floor, next to the elevator, and had a wonderful view of the hotel HVAC system and noting else.

I do understand that there are better, and less desirable, rooms in any facility but I do NOT appreciate being taken for a fool. If, as a customer with some degree of loyalty, you market the exact room I booked at a better rate than the one you quoted me, I would expect that you would honor this rate for me, too, without any effort on my part. If you are assigning me the worst room in the hotel, I do not expect to be told it is "upgraded". I have received far more accommodating and pleasing treatment at far less sophisticated locations.

Room Tip: Carefully monitor room rates on any reservation made in advance. Check the room, and location I hot...
1  Thank like2travelAtlanta
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review our hotel.

I am glad that you were satisfied with the accommodations, and it sounds like you were here for FL/GA weekend, which explains the kickoff cookout we had on Friday night. I'm glad that you had a great time!

To address your concern about room price, this is a standard practice across industries. Prices change according to availability and can fluctuate. Many travelers find it advantageous to revisit their reservations and rates in cases like yours where a better rate can become available. I understand your concern and am happy you were able to book a better rate than your original reservation!

I am definitely concerned about your room assignment. I am certain that the front desk agent was not trying to fool you - it sounds more like a refresher in room locations is needed. I will share your situation with our Front Desk Manager so that we can address this learning opportunity. We certainly respect our Rewards members and I apologize on behalf of the team for your room assignment and the marketing of that room. I know that room and can understand that it certainly isn't a 'better location', especially if you had requested a high floor and minimal noise. I'm not sure if you had a chance to speak with a manager during your stay, but if not, please give us a call at (904) 277-2440 ext. 0. I am certain that one of our managers would appreciate the chance to reach an agreeable solution.

If you visit Amelia Island in the future, we would love the chance to show you a 5-star stay.

Thank you again for your feedback, and safe travels,

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We traveled with seven other families on our fall break recently and stayed at the Resident Inn for four nights. First, the location was wonderful - our teenagers were able to walk back and forth to the beach with ease - as the beach is several blocks directly from the hotel. There was a spacious patio area with a fire pit for gathering in the evenings, a fair sized pool and hot tub. The morning breakfast was better than most we have had and the servers extremely attentive. The room was spacious and the kitchen had almost everything you could need for fill in cooking. The cook top was not very strong (steamed shrimp) so that was a little frustrating - but all in all a perfect place to stay. Also -- they welcomed our dog for a very fair fee. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: They offer two bedroom suites which would be better for traveling with teens.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank trvlngator

I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! 8 families together - that sounds like an amazing time!

We would love to have you again and hope to see you soon!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had a mixed experience at this property. Ours was a really spacious, corner (i.e., pricier) top floor room, which made for a very quiet overnight stay. But the designers equipped the room with such large doors that you couldn't stand at the sink without the door bumping you, and the bathroom door (which opened into the bathroom, not out) was literally the width of the bathroom -- very awkward. The bedroom door eclipsed the closet door. It's a no-smoking hotel, which is good for the room itself, but we were assaulted by smoke every time we entered or exited the property, either from the pool area or at the front door. There was one trash can in the entire suite, even though there was a full kitchen, desk space, living room, bathroom, sink area and bedroom! And the single, tiny trash can was only in the shower/ toilet room. The room seemed fairly clean. The staff was very friendly. It was an easy 2-block walk to the beach. They offered refreshing lemon water at the lobby. The lawn maintenance folks thought it was really funny to blow sand and leaves directly on our car, even though we were trying to pull out of their way so they could blow (they were laughing about it; us, not so much). Breakfast was bigger and slightly better than the average included hotel breakfast, but not outstanding (nor did we expect it to be). So, for $160 for a weeknight, including tax, not sure it was worth it. Would possibly consider staying again, but probably not.

Room Tip: Recommend top floor and corner, but don't expect great room design; awkward doors and space usag...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anndalucia

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel.

While I'm glad to read about the positives of your stay, I'm alarmed by the actions of the lawn maintenance team. I've copied your story to my General Manager and he is taking steps to address that concern. We are sorry that you experienced that - it's inexcusable and not the type of memory we want you to leave with!

I also gave a heads up to our Director of Housekeeping about your room only having one trash can. We'll be checking our one-bedroom deluxes - I imagine your suite might have been missing one somehow.

Thank you for the feedback, and if you weren't able to speak with a manager about your concerns before you left, please give us a call at 904-277-2440 ext. 0. I'm sure one of our managers would appreciate the chance to find an agreeable solution.

Safe travels, and I hope we have the chance to earn 5 stars from you in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
2 mi away
Seaside Amelia Inn
Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#2 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#4 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 13 in Fernandina Beach
2 mi away
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#11 of 13 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Residence Inn Amelia Island? Share your experiences!