Residence Inn Amelia Island
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Beachside Motel(Fernandina Beach)
View Hotel
The Surf Beach Motel(Fernandina Beach)
View Hotel
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge(Fernandina Beach)
View Hotel
Seaside Amelia Inn(Fernandina Beach)
View Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island(Fernandina Beach)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
1,505 results
All reviewsfire pittwo bedroom suitefull kitchenputting greenamelia islandnature trailcreek greenwaysmall kitchenfree shuttlefree breakfasttwo blockswalking distance to the beachhot tuboatmealbike rentalsgreat place to staybreakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed here for three days and couldn't have been happier with this hotel. We had a king studio and it was spacious, very clean and nicely decorated. The full kitchen is really nice to have. The free breakfast was excellent with lots of choices including hot foods. The staff was always friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the hot tub and fire pit on the chilly nights we were there. One night, they even had an appetizer bar for guests with cheeses, dips, beer and wine. Lots of nice touches at this hotel that sets it apart from most others! Would love to come back and stay.

1  Thank Jen S
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel! We appreciate your feedback and are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We'd love to have you again soon, and safe travels,

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife and I went down to Jacksonville for the Georgia / Florida Football Game and stayed the Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island which is located on the outskirts of Fernandina Beach. This hotel is on a couple of blocks from the beach and is in a central location. This is our third year staying at this hotel and we LOVE IT. The hotel and staff are GREAT. As usual, we had a WONDERFUL time + Georgia WON !! Go DAWGS!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a lower floor near one of the "ends" of the building. Stairs and convenient parking make access to/from your room very easy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bimbo B

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel!! So good to see that you had a great time. Although I'm a Gator girl, I appreciate happy guests, so if that's what it takes... nahhh I'm still a Gator girl! We'll get you next year!

Safe travels and hope to see you again for a 4th year in 2014,

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My first residence inn and I will be back. Great service. Very attentive front staff. Upgraded easily. The room was very large and clean. The pool was nice. Breakfast was large and tasty. Close to the historic town and the parks. Will be back.

Room Tip: 529 room is quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your time and feedback, we are so glad you had a great time!

Come join us again anytime.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stay at 5 or 7 RI properties a year for the last 10 years across the country. Few get an excellent review. They really nailed this as a destination hotel. Has a large and comfortable almost resort feel to it. Very modern, clean and well kept. Staff was pleasant, helpful, and professional. Not a bad walk to a good beach area; close dive to another and Clinch Park.

Breakfast was hot, fresh as well as well attended.

Hats off to the GM and staff.

2  Thank travelswithjh

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review our hotel!

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Compliments from a well-traveled guest like yourself really means a lot to us!

We hope to have you again soon, and safe travels,

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Booked a 3 nite stay at this facility and have mixed response to our experience. It's large for the location, centrally situated near a very nice stretch of beach, and has friendly staff. Our room was somewhat smallish, comfortable, and showed some signs of wear. Breakfast selections were very good and there was excellent servicing during the meal. We were delighted with the (unexpected) "party" with entertainment on the evening of November 1st.

There were 2 issues, however. The first was room price. I booked a reservation a substantial time in advance on the hotel website, and discovered, to my dismay, that an identical reservation made the week of our visit cost about $70 less than the one made earlier. I re-booked at the reduced rate, and cancelled the original reservation.

The second issue was room assignment. I had requested a room on a high floor in order to minimize noise. While checking in, the gentleman who assisted us commented that because of our membership in the Marriott Rewards program, that we were eligible for a room upgrade. He told us he had in fact upgraded our room, and that the room assigned to us was the better location. We were dismayed to find that this "upgrade" was on the second floor, next to the elevator, and had a wonderful view of the hotel HVAC system and noting else.

I do understand that there are better, and less desirable, rooms in any facility but I do NOT appreciate being taken for a fool. If, as a customer with some degree of loyalty, you market the exact room I booked at a better rate than the one you quoted me, I would expect that you would honor this rate for me, too, without any effort on my part. If you are assigning me the worst room in the hotel, I do not expect to be told it is "upgraded". I have received far more accommodating and pleasing treatment at far less sophisticated locations.

Room Tip: Carefully monitor room rates on any reservation made in advance. Check the room, and location I hotel before unpacking.
1  Thank like2travelAtlanta
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review our hotel.

I am glad that you were satisfied with the accommodations, and it sounds like you were here for FL/GA weekend, which explains the kickoff cookout we had on Friday night. I'm glad that you had a great time!

To address your concern about room price, this is a standard practice across industries. Prices change according to availability and can fluctuate. Many travelers find it advantageous to revisit their reservations and rates in cases like yours where a better rate can become available. I understand your concern and am happy you were able to book a better rate than your original reservation!

I am definitely concerned about your room assignment. I am certain that the front desk agent was not trying to fool you - it sounds more like a refresher in room locations is needed. I will share your situation with our Front Desk Manager so that we can address this learning opportunity. We certainly respect our Rewards members and I apologize on behalf of the team for your room assignment and the marketing of that room. I know that room and can understand that it certainly isn't a 'better location', especially if you had requested a high floor and minimal noise. I'm not sure if you had a chance to speak with a manager during your stay, but if not, please give us a call at (904) 277-2440 ext. 0. I am certain that one of our managers would appreciate the chance to reach an agreeable solution.

If you visit Amelia Island in the future, we would love the chance to show you a 5-star stay.

Thank you again for your feedback, and safe travels,