“WARM AND FRIENDLY!”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“WARM AND FRIENDLY!”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Recently we visited the Residence Inn on Fernandina and it was a wonderful experience, Not only were the accommodations excellent, but the staff made us feel like "family". Kudos to the management and particularly to Charlene and Dottie who made sure we were well taken care of.

Looking forward to returning in the near future..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel! I am so glad to see that you had a great time, and I passed your compliments to Charlene and Dottie at our team huddle the other day!

Thanks again and we'll see you next time!
Safe travels,
Casey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

During my recent stay on Amelia Island for a business conference, we stayed at this location. The staff was courteous and service was great. In the evening there was a "chili cook-off" with music and refreshments. Breakfasts here were the real deal. No plastic eggs. One morning had custom omelets, there were always waffles, scrambled eggs, toast, bagels, fruit, cereal, bacon, oatmeal, etc. if you walked away hungry it was your own fault. The rooms were very comfortable. One note. It was windy during our stay as a front was coming through. The windows need some real attention. Air leaks and seals did not work as they should have. Other than that we had an excellent visit. I'd stay there again anytime.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JFought920
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking a moment to review! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Chili Cook-off! I know I did, and I competed in the chili pepper eating contest! Whoo I don't know if I'd recommend that in the future though haha. It was a great time for sure though, and benefitting the American Cancer Society.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to have you back soon.
Safe travels,
FL
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night for a business trip. I drove from South FL so I ended up arriving at 2am. The front desk was open, the check in was quick and easy. I didn't get to have breakfast in the morning but it was included. The internet was included and very fast, no code was needed except for the room number. The rooms were very big fully equipped with a kitchen, a living room, a small dinning table and a bed. The bathroom was really clean and the toiletries were good quality including Paul Mitchell shampoo. There was iced water infused with limes at the entrance as well as a delicious seasonal apple cider at all times. The check out was super fast and the staff incredibly friendly.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel! I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, and happy that you were able to recharge during your business trip. I have grown to love the infused water so much that I've started making it at home! So refreshing.

Safe travels, and we'll see you next time!
Powder Springs, Georgia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I can not say enough about after spending 4 days at this great hotel .Every where you walk the staff was so upbeat and friendly and you talk about helpful,"wow" they would make sure you had a smile on your face and go the extra mile to insure that your stay was a 5 stars stay. I would like to add a special complement to Donna the manager of the house keepers. Special is what we thought about her, she has a warm southern charm and funny side about about made running into each day a real pleasure. If your looking for a great place to lay your head down, then I would highly recommend this hotel. Your surrounded by shops, fine dinning and great bars.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that over looks the water.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark N
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel! We have a truly great staff here and I will pass along your compliments!

Safe travels, and hope to see you again soon,
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My family and I stayed here last weekend while the Florida/Georgia game was happening. We were actually here for my cousin's wedding. I attend Texas A&M University and enjoyed the conversations we had with other guests and staff about our maroon t shirts! The hotel staff is wonderful, personable, happy, and welcoming! Everyone is willing to go out of their way to make your stay pleasurable. The rooms are huge and lovely. We really enjoyed our time and next time we are in Amelia Island, we will be staying there!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel! Florida/Georgia is an exciting weekend for the island and Jacksonville - and to have a wedding going on as well, wow!

We hope to have you again soon, and safe travels,
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed here for three days and couldn't have been happier with this hotel. We had a king studio and it was spacious, very clean and nicely decorated. The full kitchen is really nice to have. The free breakfast was excellent with lots of choices including hot foods. The staff was always friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the hot tub and fire pit on the chilly nights we were there. One night, they even had an appetizer bar for guests with cheeses, dips, beer and wine. Lots of nice touches at this hotel that sets it apart from most others! Would love to come back and stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jen S
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel! We appreciate your feedback and are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We'd love to have you again soon, and safe travels,
Gainesville, GA
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife and I went down to Jacksonville for the Georgia / Florida Football Game and stayed the Residence Inn by Marriott Amelia Island which is located on the outskirts of Fernandina Beach. This hotel is on a couple of blocks from the beach and is in a central location. This is our third year staying at this hotel and we LOVE IT. The hotel and staff are GREAT. As usual, we had a WONDERFUL time + Georgia WON !! Go DAWGS!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a lower floor near one of the "ends" of the building. Stairs and con...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BB B
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel!! So good to see that you had a great time. Although I'm a Gator girl, I appreciate happy guests, so if that's what it takes... nahhh I'm still a Gator girl! We'll get you next year!

Safe travels and hope to see you again for a 4th year in 2014,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#11 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Residence Inn Amelia Island? Share your experiences!