“Very HaPpY!”

Residence Inn Amelia Island
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for five nights and were so pleased with the suite and the staff. Attractive decor, clean and comfortable. Wine and food were served on two of five evenings we stayed...what a treat! Quick walk to beach. FYI...pets are allowed on the first and second floor which could be a bit noisey at times we noticed in passing. We will recommend this hotel to friends.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarolRepoza
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review our hotel! I am so glad to see that our accommodations met your needs, and we hope to have you again soon!

Casey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Our family stayed here this past week and all agreed that it was excellent in many ways. All the staff including housekeeping, front desk staff, and even maintenance staff, were attentive and helpful. Even our dog was welcomed with treats. The room was sizable enough for our family and included updated furnishings. Housekeeping kept the room spotless. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the beach, but the unexpected treat was the greenway which begins at the hotel. This includes 4 miles of beautiful trails and wetlands.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ericmaurer2
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel.

I'm so glad to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay! We love welcoming our pet guests and their humans. I will pass your compliments to the heads of all of our departments and thank you for the feedback - we work hard to assist our guests in any way we can!

I'm happy to see you were able to explore Egans Creek Greenway! It's part of the Great Florida Birding Trail and as you might've seen, is teeming with wildlife! It's really neat to walk down the paths and we're so lucky to have that entrance right in our backyard.

We hope to have you again soon, and safe travels,

Reviewed 28 November 2013

The rooms are large but nothing fancy. For +/- $100 a night it is a good value but I would not pay much more. They offer a "full" breakfast but when we tried to take advantage of this two different mornings, the breakfast room was so packed that we could not get close to the food areas. They offer a free shuttle to old town - great service. This is needed because there are only a couple of restaurants within a reasonable walking distance of the hotel. The beach is about a block away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gumbygirl1

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel.

I'm happy to see that our accommodations met your needs. It did get pretty busy over Thanksgiving week - I apologize that you weren't able to fix a breakfast plate! If you stay with us again and it's that busy, we are happy to reserve a plate for you and have it ready for you so that you can enjoy our complimentary breakfasts.

You touched upon possibly my favorite amenity - our free island shuttle. It's a great way to get around, especially because of our shuttle drivers and how knowledgeable they are about the area.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have you again soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the Residence Inn to enjoy Amelia Island. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They upgraded our room at no additional cost and when my husband told them it was my birthday they delivered wine and chocolate to our room. :)
The housekeeping staff was exceptionally helpful and courteous as well and the room was very clean and comfortable. The mattress was a bit firm for my taste but that was not a huge issue.
A BBQ dinner was provided on the first night and a full breakfast was served each morning.
The exercise room has top notch equipment and we were also delighted to find that there is a nice walking/bike trail right outside the back gate.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel!

We're so honored that you and your husband chose to stay with us during your birthday getaway! I know our staff was glad to send up chocolates and wine to help celebrate. It sounds like you really took advantage of many of our best amenities, and I always love to see that!

So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we'll see you next time!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Recently we visited the Residence Inn on Fernandina and it was a wonderful experience, Not only were the accommodations excellent, but the staff made us feel like "family". Kudos to the management and particularly to Charlene and Dottie who made sure we were well taken care of.

Looking forward to returning in the near future..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel! I am so glad to see that you had a great time, and I passed your compliments to Charlene and Dottie at our team huddle the other day!

Thanks again and we'll see you next time!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

During my recent stay on Amelia Island for a business conference, we stayed at this location. The staff was courteous and service was great. In the evening there was a "chili cook-off" with music and refreshments. Breakfasts here were the real deal. No plastic eggs. One morning had custom omelets, there were always waffles, scrambled eggs, toast, bagels, fruit, cereal, bacon, oatmeal, etc. if you walked away hungry it was your own fault. The rooms were very comfortable. One note. It was windy during our stay as a front was coming through. The windows need some real attention. Air leaks and seals did not work as they should have. Other than that we had an excellent visit. I'd stay there again anytime.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JFought920
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Chili Cook-off! I know I did, and I competed in the chili pepper eating contest! Whoo I don't know if I'd recommend that in the future though haha. It was a great time for sure though, and benefitting the American Cancer Society.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night for a business trip. I drove from South FL so I ended up arriving at 2am. The front desk was open, the check in was quick and easy. I didn't get to have breakfast in the morning but it was included. The internet was included and very fast, no code was needed except for the room number. The rooms were very big fully equipped with a kitchen, a living room, a small dinning table and a bed. The bathroom was really clean and the toiletries were good quality including Paul Mitchell shampoo. There was iced water infused with limes at the entrance as well as a delicious seasonal apple cider at all times. The check out was super fast and the staff incredibly friendly.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel! I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, and happy that you were able to recharge during your business trip. I have grown to love the infused water so much that I've started making it at home! So refreshing.

Safe travels, and we'll see you next time!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
2 mi away
Seaside Amelia Inn
Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Residence Inn Amelia Island? Share your experiences!