“Nice, clean and friendly hotel”

Residence Inn Amelia Island
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Nice, clean hotel with beautiful rooms and good breakfast buffet near the beach of Fernandina Beach. Nice island to visit with a nice small town. Pool, BBQ and nice sitting with fireplace outside.
Friendly staff in the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josepha W
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel!

I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, and that our accommodations met your needs. We'd love to have you again if you visit the area in the future!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Amelia Island

Reviewed 18 December 2013

My, my, my, I don't even know where to start........The STAFF is" Amazing" at The Residence Inn...Amelia Island.They went above and beyond to make sure our long term stay was wonderful!!! The room's are so well kept. Thanks Anna and Sandra loved it,In the food and beverage was Miss Dottie, spunky little lady that I loved and even became friends with.The front desk ....Dru, Charlene, Natalie, Betty,Dane,and the other Dottie were always' so polite and asked me everyday if I needed anything and how my stay was.

They have a shuttle that will take you on the Island for free which was very nice and Dennis,Tony,and Kent even loved the adventures to the bank weekly with me .

They have a great breakfast every morning and then 2-3 night's a week they have different stuff at night.We was here Thanksgiving and they had a wonderful Turkey Dinner for us.They had a Chili Cook Off and oh my Bob (manager) wore his black hat...........Loved it, made us feel like we was back home in Texas!!!

I can not forget Flip and Lynn also ( don't go into Flip's office.....typical Engineer's mess but they was there to help me with whatever I needed! Thanks!There are so many more there, I can't name them all but KUDO'S to all!!!!!!

I can not say enough about this Hotel and staff.......This was my home away from home and THANK Y'ALL for making us feel extra special!!!!!!!! We will be back next year !!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank countrygirlntx25

Wow - thank you for your thorough review!

We are all so glad that you and your husband chose to stay with us during your time on the island! It was fun getting to know you both and we hope to host you again the next time you make the trip out here!

We ALL laughed at your comment about Flip's office - Flip just nodded knowingly - what a true and funny statement.

We are so glad we were able to help you get settled in and comfortable during your stay. We hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed for a few days in November 2013. It was a fantastic place to stay. The rooms are beautiful (we had a one bedroom suite) and the full kitchen is great. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was good. It was a very short walk to the beach and it was a great location if you are driving around the area as well. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. This would be a great place with a family because you can get a lot of use out of the kitchen.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review our hotel! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Seeking sunshine while the rest of the country was freezing, I made a last minute decision to stay at the Residence Inn, Amelia Island. What a great decision! I am typically a Hilton traveler, but this hotel may have converted me. The room was wonderful, it was a King studio...large, open, clean, overlooking the pool and courtyard. The staff was helpful and friendly upon check in, I enjoyed a BBQ the night of my arrival, complete with burgers, hot dogs, beer, wine, etc. The staff always had a smile and went above and beyond in every interaction.

The courtyard and firepit each night was a wonderful place to visit with other guests, relax, read...or just enjoy the stars. The availability of the shuttle to anywhere on the island, along with Dennis-who was a wealth of information and a great tour guide made leaving and returning the hotel an easy and pleasant experience. Special thanks for stopping to let me take lovely sunset shots on the water. :) I would definitely return...the sooner the better! Thanks for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank JackiFromKansas

I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! You touched on so many of my favorite amenities - Tides Terrace, the evening socials, the shuttle, and our staff, including Dennis who really is such an asset to the team!

It sounds like you really enjoy nature, and Amelia Island is perfect for that! Were you able to explore Egans Creek Greenway, the birding trail right on our property? It's a great nature path and is teeming with wildlife.

We hope to have you back again soon, and safe travels!

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

This place is the friendliest place we ever stayed. This was actually our 2nd stay at this establishment. We checked in on Friday around 3pm only to be greeted by smiling faces, delicious refreshments in the lobby, and champagne. The desk clerk was very professional and had a great smile. We reserved a studio with kitchenette and it was awesome. The pool and jacuzzi are very well kept and clean. The hotel offers a great outdoor space which you can get cozy around a big fire pit. We were asked several times during our if we needed anything which was great because in most hotels you have to search for help. Overall, I would recommend this place to everyone I know and will be back. Thank you for a lovely stay!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wandam43

Thank you so much for your review! Those are great comments and I will pass your praises to the team. I am so glad that you enjoyed your 2nd stay with us!

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for five nights and were so pleased with the suite and the staff. Attractive decor, clean and comfortable. Wine and food were served on two of five evenings we stayed...what a treat! Quick walk to beach. FYI...pets are allowed on the first and second floor which could be a bit noisey at times we noticed in passing. We will recommend this hotel to friends.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarolRepoza

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review our hotel! I am so glad to see that our accommodations met your needs, and we hope to have you again soon!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Our family stayed here this past week and all agreed that it was excellent in many ways. All the staff including housekeeping, front desk staff, and even maintenance staff, were attentive and helpful. Even our dog was welcomed with treats. The room was sizable enough for our family and included updated furnishings. Housekeeping kept the room spotless. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the beach, but the unexpected treat was the greenway which begins at the hotel. This includes 4 miles of beautiful trails and wetlands.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ericmaurer2
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel.

I'm so glad to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay! We love welcoming our pet guests and their humans. I will pass your compliments to the heads of all of our departments and thank you for the feedback - we work hard to assist our guests in any way we can!

I'm happy to see you were able to explore Egans Creek Greenway! It's part of the Great Florida Birding Trail and as you might've seen, is teeming with wildlife! It's really neat to walk down the paths and we're so lucky to have that entrance right in our backyard.

We hope to have you again soon, and safe travels,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Residence Inn Amelia Island? Share your experiences!