“A lot of pros but some cons”

Residence Inn Amelia Island
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 10 May 2014

1st the good things--a nice walk to the ocean-2 blocks. A couple of good restaurants close.
Decent size room; nice bed. Very friendly and helpful staff . Easy parking and a nice pool/patio area. Breakfast was like most Res Inn , decent variety of items

Not so good--on cking in asked if it was a dog room;1st floor as requested, told it was and we would have to go to 2nd floor to avoid that type of room-did a quick ck and stayed. That night before sitting on couch noticed many, many dog hairs. We got rid of them and sat on towels--I know we should of said something but we didn't -my mistake because housekeeping overall was just barely ok so we lived w/it- the worst housekeeping (cleaning) I have ever seen at a Marriott.
The full kitchen was on the very low end of supplies--no juice/highball glasses (do not have them-I asked),no cutting knives (one small steak knife),and we didn't but we truly believe we could not have fixed a full dinner --missing many items--they might have some but the ones I did ask for they didn't have/provide--so . Also the worst equipped kitchen at a Marriott (Res Inn)
Breakfast--they crammed way to many tables into dining area, you could not walk from your table to serving area w/o threading your way thru a circulatory route and/or bumping people.
Need to remove at least 6-8 tables.

2  Thank wataugaman
Bob H, General Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Amelia Island. I’m glad to hear you were pleased with the location of the hotel and our friendly service staff. We do have some wonderful nearby restaurants and the beach access is very convenient.
I am sorry that your suite was not properly stocked and I apologize for the lack of support from housekeeping. Our team prides ourselves on providing exemplary service and when your expectations are not met a thorough review is conducted. Providing a complimentary full breakfast to our guests is an important responsibility. Attendance to breakfast can certainly become popular. Sometimes larger groups may shift tables out of the designated locations making it difficult to mobilize. The hotel does provide a dining area both inside as well as outside on the Tides Terrace which can provide a nice option to enjoy your meal.
Thank you for staying with us. I look forward to providing outstanding hospitality for future visits.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were here for a business trip recently. The hotel is clean, good service, good food, great rooms. Each room is a suite, with a separate kitchen and living room. We would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank peamomma
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We wanted a beach vacation and this hotel fit the bill! This hotel is on Sadler Road and is only a 10 minute walk to the beach. The rooms were perfect, just like a 1 bedroom apartment. Plenty of room for 3 or 4 people. The bed was very comfortable. There was also a pullout sofa, although i didn't try it's comfort level.
The staff was nice, the pool and jacuzzi were nice. We had breakfast included in our rate and it was above average. There is a nature trail behind the hotel that looked nice to walk on, but it rained during our visit and we wanted to spend the dry hours on the beach.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bogie27
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was in town for a wedding last weekend and this is where the bride and groom booked rooms for us. While I did appreciate that and the hospitality by the staff the housekeeping is awful. I've stayed in plenty of hotels in my day been an inspector for hotels before as well and this is by far one of the worst excuses for cleaning I've seen.

Above the sofa in my room there was an decorative piece of wood. Running my finger across it came a wod of dust which proved nobody had been up their in over a year. The same happened with the light fixture. On my two night trip at 3 pm the housekeeper had not made it to my room yet. Understandable they were busy, I can let that slide. Her idea of cleaning my room was replacing towels. That's it.

My wife's hair was still in the tub and on the bathroom floor. The floor in the room had not been vacuumed and needed to be.

I guess if ur staying for a night it would not be bad. But housekeeping is certainly an issue at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank darlene g
Bob H, Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfation Survey and sharing your experience with the Residence Inn Amelia. We apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory.
You're a valued customer: everything we do is aimed at providing an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems.
I f you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional expereince when your travels bring you back to this area.

Betty Warner
Assistant General Manager
Residence Inn Amelia Island
904.277.2440
bwarner@residenceinnamelia.com

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Residence Inn was the perfect home base for our Amelia Island vacation. While not in "old town" it is centrally located, close to the beach and several good restaurants. The staff could not have been nicer, in spite of being booked solid and tending to several large travel groups. Our 1 BR suite was spacious and comfortable for 2, with a full kitchen, small table, living area and comfy BR. Housekeeping was excellent. The unit's pots & pans were destroyed, but when I complained, we were given a brand new full set. Twice during the week we were there hotel management hosted a party - one was a wine & cheese reception, the other a burger & hot dog BBQ. What a great way to meet the staff! If I have to knock them for anything, it's the breakfast. I'm sure it's no worse than other hotels' "free breakfast," but it wasn't great. The toaster didn't toast, and the hot dishes were seldom hot. But we would definitely return to the Residence Inn next time we visit Amelia Island.

Room Tip: The 1 BR suite is great if you spend time in the room - plenty of room to hang out & relax.
1  Thank NJBirder
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were offered and accepted a suite in the "quiet" side of the Inn. It was spacious, comfortable and well-appointed. Two rooms, two flat screens, full kitchen and room to work at a nice desk. Staff was always polite and friendly. Hot buffet breakfast every morning was a definite plus. One evening they offered a free buffet of burgers, hot dogs, and plenty of other things, as well as soda, beer and wine. It was an unexpected surprise. We were two blocks to the beach which was very convenient. Nice pool and hot tub with plenty of big towels on site. Only draw-back: the property allows small pets. (Not our cup of tea) So, at 5AM and 11PM a small barking dog was making a racket until the owner, I guess, took him out for a walk. Grrr! Otherwise, we enjoyed the place a great deal. You MUST eat at La Mancha, 200 yards from the Inn. Super!

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms where they put the pets, unless you bring one.
1  Thank BruceL4700
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I booked this hotel after reading the glowing reviews on this site, and we were not disappointed. They were all spot on! The suites are nicely decorated and clean, and the kitchens are well equipped. The hotel is only a five minute walk to the beach and about a 5-10 minute drive to the historic district of Fernandina Beach. We also went to St.Augustine, which is just an hour or so south. The staff is especially friendly. Note that pets are allowed, but never heard a peep from any of them! In fact, the hotel is exceptionally quiet. The pool, fire pit and hot tub area is very nice.

1  Thank Carol W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
Seaside Amelia Inn
Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Residence Inn Amelia Island? Share your experiences!