1st the good things--a nice walk to the ocean-2 blocks. A couple of good restaurants close.
Decent size room; nice bed. Very friendly and helpful staff . Easy parking and a nice pool/patio area. Breakfast was like most Res Inn , decent variety of items
Not so good--on cking in asked if it was a dog room;1st floor as requested, told it was and we would have to go to 2nd floor to avoid that type of room-did a quick ck and stayed. That night before sitting on couch noticed many, many dog hairs. We got rid of them and sat on towels--I know we should of said something but we didn't -my mistake because housekeeping overall was just barely ok so we lived w/it- the worst housekeeping (cleaning) I have ever seen at a Marriott.
The full kitchen was on the very low end of supplies--no juice/highball glasses (do not have them-I asked),no cutting knives (one small steak knife),and we didn't but we truly believe we could not have fixed a full dinner --missing many items--they might have some but the ones I did ask for they didn't have/provide--so . Also the worst equipped kitchen at a Marriott (Res Inn)
Breakfast--they crammed way to many tables into dining area, you could not walk from your table to serving area w/o threading your way thru a circulatory route and/or bumping people.
Need to remove at least 6-8 tables.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thrive on long stays at the Residence Inn Amelia Island. Our Amelia Island hotel offers a welcoming, comfortable environment, with spacious, newly renovated accommodations and everything you need for a great stay in Florida. Settle in to your newly refreshed studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom suite, and enjoy perks like free wireless Internet and a 37-inch flat-screen TV. A full kitchen allows you to prepare a meal or a snack any time you want it. Take advantage of the hotel's complimentary island shuttle that is on call to pick you up and drop you off anywhere on Amelia Island from 9AM-9PM daily. Start your morning with a free hot breakfast, or spend some time at our outdoor pool and soak up the Florida sun. Additional hotel amenities include a fire pit, putting green, and fitness center. And let's not forget our location - just two blocks from the beach, and a short distance from the attractions of downtown Amelia Island. Whether you're in Florida for business or pleasure, the Residence Inn Amelia Island will make your visit memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Fernandina Beach