The island of Amelia. is 2 and 1/2 miles wide and 17 miles long. One side is the ocean and the other side is the harbor and St. Mary river. The hotel is close to the middle so approximately less than one mile to ocean. The beaches of white sand has shells and shark teeth. The hotel was clean and very accommodating. Felt like they enjoyed having guests visit their island. Free breakfast with changes of items each day and four nights free supper and wine/beer/soda/ tea etc. My daughter and I shared a king studio. Very generous size. About the size of a big hotel room and a half. Had couch, chair, work desk with a large tv that swiveled to be viewed from living room or from bed. Bathroom sink area separate from shower area. The kitchen was furnished with paper towels, silverware, glasses, cooking utensils. Nice size refrigerator, coffeepot, microwave, popcorn and stove. Kitchen towels provided too. The hotel has areas with recycle cans so save your plastic and aluminum. The pool area was clean and pool nice size. Open til ten. Breakfast served everyday from 6-9:30. Nice nice employees. Always willing to answer questions or to assist one. General manager very active. He was always picking up items on floor to keep hotel spotless. The hotel clerk Dru very welcoming on entering hotel and very kind when we left. Dogs are welcomed at this hotel. Never heard one bark. Never heard noise from hall or other rooms. We were on third floor. Views are parking lot, Greenway or pool. The hotel has a nature trail behind facility that one can walk or ride bikes. The hotel rents bikes for your ride. The facility also has a courtesy van on a first come first serve basis. Cab ride to old town by Island Time taxi about 6-7 dollars. The hotel furnishes pool towels and has a little store that sells items at a reasonable cost. I loved staying at a nice hotel and this certainly was very outstanding in every way. Thanks Residence Inn and the staff for adding to my joy of my vacation. Some places to visit in Amelia is a must. Ft. Clinch, Kingsly Plantation, the history oral tour at the museum on 3rd street and the Amelia Island waterway tour the skirts Cumberland island. The beaches are pretty. Enjoy Amelia Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thrive on long stays at the Residence Inn Amelia Island. Our Amelia Island hotel offers a welcoming, comfortable environment, with spacious, newly renovated accommodations and everything you need for a great stay in Florida. Settle in to your newly refreshed studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom suite, and enjoy perks like free wireless Internet and a 37-inch flat-screen TV. A full kitchen allows you to prepare a meal or a snack any time you want it. Take advantage of the hotel's complimentary island shuttle that is on call to pick you up and drop you off anywhere on Amelia Island from 9AM-9PM daily. Start your morning with a free hot breakfast, or spend some time at our outdoor pool and soak up the Florida sun. Additional hotel amenities include a fire pit, putting green, and fitness center. And let's not forget our location - just two blocks from the beach, and a short distance from the attractions of downtown Amelia Island. Whether you're in Florida for business or pleasure, the Residence Inn Amelia Island will make your visit memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Fernandina Beach