“Loved the hotel on Amelia Island. ”

Residence Inn Amelia Island
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
simpson,illinois
“Loved the hotel on Amelia Island. ”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

The island of Amelia. is 2 and 1/2 miles wide and 17 miles long. One side is the ocean and the other side is the harbor and St. Mary river. The hotel is close to the middle so approximately less than one mile to ocean. The beaches of white sand has shells and shark teeth. The hotel was clean and very accommodating. Felt like they enjoyed having guests visit their island. Free breakfast with changes of items each day and four nights free supper and wine/beer/soda/ tea etc. My daughter and I shared a king studio. Very generous size. About the size of a big hotel room and a half. Had couch, chair, work desk with a large tv that swiveled to be viewed from living room or from bed. Bathroom sink area separate from shower area. The kitchen was furnished with paper towels, silverware, glasses, cooking utensils. Nice size refrigerator, coffeepot, microwave, popcorn and stove. Kitchen towels provided too. The hotel has areas with recycle cans so save your plastic and aluminum. The pool area was clean and pool nice size. Open til ten. Breakfast served everyday from 6-9:30. Nice nice employees. Always willing to answer questions or to assist one. General manager very active. He was always picking up items on floor to keep hotel spotless. The hotel clerk Dru very welcoming on entering hotel and very kind when we left. Dogs are welcomed at this hotel. Never heard one bark. Never heard noise from hall or other rooms. We were on third floor. Views are parking lot, Greenway or pool. The hotel has a nature trail behind facility that one can walk or ride bikes. The hotel rents bikes for your ride. The facility also has a courtesy van on a first come first serve basis. Cab ride to old town by Island Time taxi about 6-7 dollars. The hotel furnishes pool towels and has a little store that sells items at a reasonable cost. I loved staying at a nice hotel and this certainly was very outstanding in every way. Thanks Residence Inn and the staff for adding to my joy of my vacation. Some places to visit in Amelia is a must. Ft. Clinch, Kingsly Plantation, the history oral tour at the museum on 3rd street and the Amelia Island waterway tour the skirts Cumberland island. The beaches are pretty. Enjoy Amelia Island.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Carol G
Bob H, General Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences while visiting Amelia Island and the Residence Inn by Marriott. I'm glad you found time to discover the Island's many hidden treasures. I am pleased that you enjoyed your hotel stay and partticipated with our many evening Socials and our daily breakfast. It is our pleasure to offer such hotel amenities including the free island shuttle, bike rentals, Greenway experience etc.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Florida
Reviewed 10 August 2014

this hotel was great! we stayed there for almost two months while we waited to close on our house. A few tips for you to make your stay even more pleasant: 1. see Shane at the front desk at night for all your entertainment and dining questions. He knows all the great places and is a wonderful person to talk to. Anything you need from 3 to 11.... talk to Shane and he will make it happen!!! 2. In the daytime talk to Charlene or Coby and they will help you with anything you need. 3. goto the breakfast in the morning!!!!! the kitchen staff are such a great bunch of people!!! no matter what you need to get going in the morning Mrs. Dottie, Mrs. Vicki , Brittany 1, Brittany 2, Savannah or Jonathan will get it for you! they absolutely will make the start of your day the best that it can be!!! i promise!!! 4. Anthony and Kent...the best kept secrets for a ride, an extra towel and anything else you will ever need!!!

the housekeeping staff are so so great. we often had Taylor as our housekeeper and let me tell you that if you have her than you are blessed!!!! she went above and beyond her duties so so many times that i simply cannot express how thankful we are for her!!! The best i have ever seen at her job! Thank you Taylor!!!!
Dennis is they go to guy for all your answers about your a/c and anything else you need!

if you can look past the management issues and the complete lack of personal skills in that department than you will find that these people i have named are the ones that make your stay the best that it could be!!!
They are also very pet friendly and we should know! We brought our dog and two cats!!!!
They even have treats behind the desk!!!!
Anna is the great person that we met when we needed anything late at night and didnt think anyone would be there. She is very helpful and will do whatever it takes to make your stay as wonderful as our was!!!! I highly recommend this hotel but again skip management because they absolutely are the downside. we were told that we had to move from our ada room because another guest had it reserved for 8 months... i do understand that and so we moved to a non handicapped accessible room only to see perfectly able bodied people stay in the room that we needed so badly. Thanks management!? We both are in wheelchairs and were crammed into a regular room that my better half couldnt even shower in! So please dont expect anything from management , just goto any of the wonderful people that I have listed and they will fix anything for you! i would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kinney L
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

3 Previous 1 week stays in Summer months were great for my friend and me. Luckily, we got 1 night free as advertised on Chamber web site. Last April, I stayed by myself for a week. When I asked about the 7th night free, I was told it was no longer on the Chamber web site but I said I'd actually seen it that day. They said check back in the morning. I asked but was told it was not on the site. When I offered to show it to them, they said it was not for Spring. Each morning I went to the pool after breakfast but never got a lounge chair. People had laid their belongings on every lounge chair early in the morning ... even some that did not come out until late afternoon. I asked staff about getting a chair but was told sorry. I guess I should have gotten up at 6 AM to claim a chair like the others.
After 3 really great visits in the past, this time was a disappointment.
I wonder if summer is just a better time?

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dorothy H
RIAmeliaIsland, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Amelia Island, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback about your stay!

My name is Casey and I am the Social Media Specialist for the hotel. Bob (my GM) gave me the go-ahead to reach out to you because I am the person who is the liaison for the Chamber website and keeps all of our promotions up-to-date with them, so I definitely want to help resolve this - especially being that you have stayed with us so often! I'm not familiar with a 7th Night Free promotion, but there was a 4th Night Free promotion which, for a 7 night stay, would basically be the same thing.

The 4th Night Free promotion is based on availability, so depending on which dates you traveled in April, it might not have been available. However, I know we did have some guests stay with us in April at the promotion's rate. I'm not sure of the specifics of your stay dates or who you spoke with, but especially if there was a discrepancy on the site or possibly the staff member you spoke with wasn't yet familiar with the promotion, I'd like to help do anything I can to right the situation and welcome you to email me at caseyjohnson@residenceinnamelia.com.

I can understand your disappointment about the pool's lounge chairs. They are first-come, first-serve and cannot be 'saved' overnight. We apologize that you experienced that and I can appreciate that it interrupted your mornings. I will pass the word along to the other departments at our Team Meeting to raise awareness of the issue. Thank you for shedding light on that.

We'd love a chance to have you back again soon. Spring and Summer are both great times to visit - it sounds like you're due for a Fall visit now! Please let us know when you plan to return, we'd love to have you again and show you a better time.

Safe travels,
Casey
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently spent the weekend in a 2 bedroom suite for my cousin's wedding. There is no special rate for the 2 bedroom, but cost-wise was the same as getting 2 separate rooms. You enter the kitchen, which is fully stocked with all you need to cook (should you desire) and living room, which has a 4 person table and a desk to work. Off each side of the living room is a bedroom with a king size bed, and full bath. The sink is in the "hall" of the bedroom, with the toilet and shower in a separate room. Rooms are immaculate, kitchen is beautiful, and the decor is tasteful. This hotel is pet friendly, and if you bring your four-footed friend with you, you are given a door hanger that says "four footed friend inside." The pool is nice, not huge but not very small, which ranges from 3 1/2 foot to 5 foot deep. There is also a large hot tub (kept very hot) for guests 12 and up. While we were there, they had a free beer/wine and nachos evening, free breakfast and then a hot dog cook-off on Saturday afternoon. Food was very good. Staff was friendly and very accomodating. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor, 2 bedroom suite, and had a "view" of a huge generator (so, there...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Jennifer C
Dallas, Tx.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

After we checked out, they still provided a free shuttle to anywhere in town and back. Charlene was great at the front desk! A stone's throw from the beach. Fully stocked kitchen with ice machines on every floor. A very, very large free breakfast each morning offering anything you might like. Nice pool with fire pit located just outside pool area. Plenty of parking. Nice lobby area with wide screen TV.

Room Tip: Top floor was totally quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MaggieDallas_Tx_
Milton, West Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had a wonderful suite, great acomodations and reasonable pricing for the area. Free Breakfast was better than most, NO complaints here. Would go back in a minute...Excellent small kitchen area in room, with refrig, cook top, full size coffee maker.

Room Tip: Our room was excellent, can't speak of others.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank cliffordlpc
Inverness, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Not only do we love Amelia Island, but we love the Residence Inn. This was our third stay there and the only time we have been there in the summer. Although the hotel was full, it was still very quiet at night and there was always a place to sit at breakfast. Check in was a little slower than usual (but we were also early) but other than that, it was another great visit. There was a manager's reception one of the nights we were there which consisted of nachos and cheese along with chili, cold drinks, beer, wine, and even cookies for dessert. This was complimentary as is the breakfast which has ample choices and changes daily. The rooms do have kitchens which is convenient for either preparing your own food or just keeping things cold in the refrigerator. I know there are other hotels to choose from but we keep coming back because of the quality of service provided.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TAGrammy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernandina Beach
The Seaside Amelia Inn
The Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
#2 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fer...
#8 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach

Been to Residence Inn Amelia Island? Share your experiences!