Every staff member was very friendly. They make you feel welcome right from check in. We liked that all the rooms are suites with a full kitchen and living room. It was like having your own apartment instead of just a hotel room. We really liked the decor. The suite was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Be sure to check out the photos on the hotel website.
The hotel location was perfect . Less than a one minute drive to a fantastic beach. There were grocery stores close by. Make sure you go to downtown Fernandina Beach which is only about 10 minutes away. Very quaint with lots of little shops and some great restaurants.
The breakfast had plenty to choose from, not like a lot of hotels that offer only a continental. There was a Belgian waffle maker with all the toppings, sausage, scrambled eggs, potatoes, various breads/bagels/muffins, 3 types of juices, cereal, oatmeal and more. It was like a mini buffet and delicious. There was an area on the other side of the lobby with booths for 2 and small flat screen tv's on the wall, if you wanted to eat privately. The lobby had a gas fireplace, big screen tv and comfortable furniture.
They have different events during the week on specific nights and there was a calendar in the room listing them. For example, during our stay there was a cookout with hot dogs, potato salad, chips, cookies, sodas and beer. Another night had a "manager's reception" with beer, wine, cheese and crackers.
There are bicycles, even 2 person bikes, that you can check out (for free!) to ride around town or explore the nature trail behind the hotel. If you want to sit and relax instead, they have comfortable rockers on the front of the hotel. Next to the pool and hot tub area was a courtyard with a fire pit that you can sit around and socialize. There was also a barbecue grill with tables and chairs if you wanted to eat outside.
They go out of their way to make you feel at home. Its the little things like the free newspaper and lemonade that make a difference. I have not enjoyed a hotel as much as this one in a long time. It felt more like a nice bed and breakfast than a hotel. I cannot say anything negative or disappointing about this Residence Inn and can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thrive on long stays at the Residence Inn Amelia Island. Our Amelia Island hotel offers a welcoming, comfortable environment, with spacious, newly renovated accommodations and everything you need for a great stay in Florida. Settle in to your newly refreshed studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom suite, and enjoy perks like free wireless Internet and a 37-inch flat-screen TV. A full kitchen allows you to prepare a meal or a snack any time you want it. Take advantage of the hotel's complimentary island shuttle that is on call to pick you up and drop you off anywhere on Amelia Island from 9AM-9PM daily. Start your morning with a free hot breakfast, or spend some time at our outdoor pool and soak up the Florida sun. Additional hotel amenities include a fire pit, putting green, and fitness center. And let's not forget our location - just two blocks from the beach, and a short distance from the attractions of downtown Amelia Island. Whether you're in Florida for business or pleasure, the Residence Inn Amelia Island will make your visit memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Amelia Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Residence Inn Amelia Island Fernandina Beach