“Get in the Spirit of the holiday”

Amelia Island Ghost Tours
Ranked #21 of 43 Tours in Fernandina Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: =
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I was a little skeptical about this at first. Having never experienced a ghost tour before, I wasn't sure what to expect. Our hostess was quite well-informed on the paranormal activity present about the area. Many of the homes, B&B's and places have legends and lore recounting ghostly encounters. You are encouraged to take photos, and you might capture an ethereal image if you're lucky. NOTE: for some reason iPhone cameras are especially adept at this, no clue why. Personally, I wasn't able to see or detect any of the above phenomena, but I still very much enjoyed the tour and extensive knowledge displayed by our hosts. If this is your kind of thing, you won't be disappointed

5  Thank gkitf16
"knowledge"
in 3 reviews
"story"

Reviewed 22 September 2012

We like to take ghost tours in the various locations we visit as they are usually a great way to get local history along with having a little fun. This was a great tour. Lots of local history with just enough 'chills and thrills' to keep you entertained. If you have an I-phone, be sure to take this instead of a camera. Folks on the tour with the I-phones caught all kinds of 'activity' whereas my camera didn't do so much. The tour guide stated that this has been happening on all the tours - not sure why. The tour is a walking tour that lasts about 2 hours but it was not tiring. Do wear comfortable shoes. It ends up at the cemetary which was really neat.

6  Thank MsViolet
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My teenage son and I did this ghost tour last week while visiting Amelia Island for the first time. I researched trip advisor for things to do before leaving for our trip. After reading all the wonderful reviews of Diane's ghost tour, I put it on our to do list.

I called Diane on the morning of the day I had hoped to do the tour. She promptly called me back and we scheduled a tour for later that evening. About 10 minutes before the tour was to start a storm rolled in. I was hoping that we would not have to cancel the tour. Diane was reassuring and said we could wait it out until it passed. Fortunately, the storm did not last long. We started the tour with only a few lasting sprinkles. Diane provided us with umbrellas and bug spray and we were off for a fun-filled evening.

It was obvious that Diane had put a lot of research into this tour. We were given the history of several of the old homes and bed and breakfasts along with ghostly tales. I enjoyed entering the courtyards of several of the homes, We asked a lot of questions and Diane answered them all. We were never rushed and it felt like we were setting the pace as to how fast or slow we wanted to go.

After walking the dark streets, we went to the cemetary. It was really eerie at night. I believe the church in front of the cemetary is St. Peter's Episcopal Church. I won't go into detail but we stopped in front and Diane pointed out some beautiful features. And, thank you for mentioning to me that I could visit the church inside the next day if they were open for prayer. I was able to do this and it is indeed a wonderful church.

If you are in town and are looking for a way to spend an enjoyable evening, you won't be disappointed in this tour. I believe Diane offers other tours and if we return to AI, I will certainly book them and the ghost tour again!!!

5  Thank mrzip
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Tour was nicely done with a great historical perspective given by Diane. The weather was great which made for a perfect evening. Even the tour did not change the mind of one of our family skeptics. Nicely done.....

4  Thank Larry G