“Birthday Surprise”
Review of Merge Restaurant - CLOSED

Merge Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Newly opened about two months ago. Dinners nightly plus Brunch on Sunday.
Jacksonville, Florida
“Birthday Surprise”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hubs surprised me with birthday dinner here. Overall, it was quite good. Menu is very limited but has inventive choices on it (rabbit spring rolls, which I never thought I would like, were quite good). I don't know if they have a wine list as it was never presented to us (a friend had pre-purchased wine as a surprise so that may be why). There is very limited seating so pre plan, especially if going on a weekend. The hubs had salmon (which he never gravitates to) and really enjoyed it. I had a chocolate dessert with just made banana ice cream that was fantastic. For us and the occasion it was the perfect subdued, intimate dinner. Its a unique little place, definitely worth a try.

Tampa, Florida
“Amazing Dinner!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I can't praise our meal at Merge enough! We had the house salad with a delicious French dressing that was light and woke up our taste buds. For entrees we ordered the sea scallops with risotto and the special of the day which was braised short ribs. Both dishes were the perfect union of savory flavors. I hesitate to order risotto in restaurants because it is one of my favorite dishes and I don't want to be disappointed, but Chef Adam did not disappoint. The risotto was delectable. After such an outstanding meal, we had to try dessert. We ordered the cheesecake over hummingbird cake. I love cheesecake, but always find it to be heavy. This dessert was light, airy, and divine. Our waiter, Greg, was attentive and helpful. The restaurant is located outside the historic district in a building that was originally a gas station. This is easy to discern from outside, but once inside it felt small and intimate. I highly recommend getting off the main road to downtown and experiencing Merge.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great talent at Merge”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Based on all the reviews, we had to dine at Merge. All the accolades written by the previous reviewers were so accurate. The restaurant is located just outside of the historic district and I must say a horrible location but that is the only thing I could say negative. I made our reservation through Open Table and we were greeted by name. We tried the select white wine of the day and it was Argentinian and lovely. We started with the conch fritters. They were packed with flavor. My husband had the snapper and he could not say enough good things about it. It was so good. I had the crab nudi. The mussels and the broth in the dish were wonderful. Interesting dish and recipe. For dessert we had the rhubarb vanilla stack (for the lack of remembering exactly what it was called) was outstanding! There were many things on the menu that I would try.
Service was very good. We did find out at the end of the meal that the chef/owner is off the day we went and the sous chef did all the cooking. Bravo! They must make a great team! If this restaurant was in the historic downtown area, there would be a line out of the door. We will definitely be back when in the area again. Enjoy!

2 Thank Linda B
Tequesta
“Creative and delicious”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

After having had a truly wonderful dinner at Merge, we were amazed there wasn't a line around the block waiting to get in. There were only two other tables occupied while we were there. The citrus seared scallops were outstanding as was the filet. We would have been happy to try anything on the creative menu.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Delightful discovery”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The duck was amazing. A small very quiet place. We found a delicious secret. Limited choices for kids, but my son enjoyed a very nice and affordable kids steak. We will visit again.